Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Tall person on saddlemen solo seat

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  EJW 
#1 ·
Hey guys, have an opportunity to pick up a saddlemen solo seat for around half price, but I read that it drops the seat height by at least an inch. I'm 6.1, any other tall riders have experience with this seat?

#2 ·
I felt it pushed me lil to the bars & down too. Felt my legs lil bit more cramped but I got used to it by now. Comfort wise tho, What a difference!

#3 ·
I have one and I found it lowered me and pushed me closer to the bars by about an inch or so. I'm 6'4" so I found that inch made a big difference and made it uncomfortable for me. To fix it, I added forward extensions to my pegs that pushed them out about 4 or 4 1/2 inches. Now the bike feels great. I purchased the extensions from a user on these forums. Grumpyworth is his handle.

The seat is awesome. I can ride all day without any discomfort at all.

#6 ·
Peg extension is a diy job. Really it's just a couple of pieces of steel brackets that extend out the mounts for the pegs/controls and a longer shifter linkage that attaches the foot shift control to the transmission. Had to move the rear brake line a little to account for the distance but no changes to the actual line were necessary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.