Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2-up seat but I'm thinking of getting a 1-up for times when I'm without a passenger if it means I get a little more leg room. I'm 6'3" tall so not exactly a giant, but taller than average.

What are some adjustments I can think about to add some leg room?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2-up seat but I'm thinking of getting a 1-up for times when I'm without a passenger if it means I get a little more leg room. I'm 6'3" tall so not exactly a giant, but taller than average.

What are some adjustments I can think about to add some leg room?

BTW - 2008 Custom 900.

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Forward control extensions. I made my own. Gave me an extra 4.5 inches. Im 6'3 and the bike fits me so much better now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Got a tutorial or technique you can link? About 4-5" sounds like heaven.
not really....there's a member on another forum that makes a kit that gives you an extra 2 inches, but for 120 bucks and only getting 2 inches I decided to make my own. not very hard at all. worse part was figuring out how to lengthen the shift linkage.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
How do I ride? Shiny side up! :p

In all actuality, I kind of like my floorboards close up (which are closer than your pegs!). But, I have highway pegs on my highway bar! That gives me the ability to stretch way out, and that's where my feet are most of the time save for slowing (so I can reach the shifter and rear brake!) and starting (same reasons!). But when I hit the really twisty roads or rough pavement, having my feet a little closer and being able to shift my weight on them a little bit really helps her handle.

Just my $0.02!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
How do I ride? Quite well. Thanx for asking.

Seriously, though, I have crashbars with highway pegs that let me stretch my legs out. I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam and the 900LT seems to have reasonably decent legroom, however after awhile my knees tell me I need to stretch my feet out in front of me for a minute. Otherwise, I just put the edge of my boot heels as far forward as possible on the footboards. That much is free. The highway pegs were $20.00 at a motorcycle swap meet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm 6' 1 and am currently riding a Vulcan 800 Classic. I hope there's a solution as I too would like to steal 2 inches of leg room. I was thinking that a single after market seat may do the trick. Has anyone had success with that?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Most aftermarket seats move you closer to the tank, not further back... some sit lower, but i have not heard of any that give you more leg room.

Forward controls may be your only answer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts