Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Quick question. If I was looking to get a bit more "throatiness" form the stock exhaust and took out the first plate to see how it sounded before going for the second plate, would I need to have my Ivan's ECU updated? I am currently running the stock version of the update and didn't know if I needed to send it off to him if I took out the first plate. Thank you for any assistance you can send my way!! Stay safe!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please disregard everyone. The always responsive "Ivan" has advised that no changes will be necessary to the ECU.

·
Registered
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic
26 Posts
Hi BaileysDad, The guys I go riding with complain that they can't hear me. My 1700 is also Ivanized so this is good news. Can you let us know how you remove a baffle plate and then how much difference it makes. Thanks much. Dirk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi BaileysDad, The guys I go riding with complain that they can't hear me. My 1700 is also Ivanized so this is good news. Can you let us know how you remove a baffle plate and then how much difference it makes. Thanks much. Dirk
I'm digging through much info on this site to do that. Looks like 1=1/4in bi-metal hole saw and an extension. Maybe a magnet if the restrictor doesn't come out with the hole saw. That's it. I'm only going to take out the first restrictor and see how it goes. I really don't mind the stock pipes, but some extra rumble/whatever never hurt anyone, plus, I like to mess around with stuff on the bike:)

·
Registered
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic
26 Posts
I for sure agree with the last part. Seems to me riding is only half the fun. Today I took off the shift lever and removed the "heel" part. Big feet are not meant for heel&toe shifters. Do you go into the muffler on the intake or exhaust side? I'm guessing the intake.
Grey Wood Font Twig Electric blue

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need to get rid of that heel shifter as well. The first two restrictors can be removed from the rear opening, with the exhaust attached. I only want to remove the first one, so we'll see how it goes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts