Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out riding today with the lovely, each on our own bikes. I had to brake hard for a quick changing light and the lovely ran into me; no one hurt and the only damage was a slightly bent stock right saddlebag and scratches on the fairing for her bike. She said it was difficult to see the brake light come on. So, to enhance safety, does anyone know how one can link the turn signals to the brake light (of course with the change in lens from amber to red) while still allowing the turn signals to work as turn signals and allowing the turn signals to be one dim while the brake light is dim? My truck and van do this, but how can I adapt this to the bike?

·
Registered
55 Posts
There's a turn/pass/stop module, or something like that, that you can use I believe. I know folks have uses them for the integrated LED turn/brake lights.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Out riding today with the lovely, each on our own bikes. I had to brake hard for a quick changing light and the lovely ran into me; no one hurt and the only damage was a slightly bent stock right saddlebag and scratches on the fairing for her bike. She said it was difficult to see the brake light come on. So, to enhance safety, does anyone know how one can link the turn signals to the brake light (of course with the change in lens from amber to red) while still allowing the turn signals to work as turn signals and allowing the turn signals to be one dim while the brake light is dim? My truck and van do this, but how can I adapt this to the bike?
Signal Minder from Kisan and Kury has a similar product.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kuryakyn makes the Triple Whammy. It's a plug and play kit for the 900. Includes clear lenses and red bulbs for the turn signals. Also includes an option to keep or inactivate the default setting that makes the lights blink three times when the brake is applied. It's a good product, have one on my '09 Classic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tail light.

I own a 2009 LT. I replaced the tail light bulb with a Kisan Tailblazer. When I
apply the brakes the tailblazer flashes 8 to 10 times , then , remains steady.
It is the best safety device out there ( short of ABS ). On most stopping
situations I notice many people stop their vehicles 10 to 12 feet behind me.
Go to Kisan website if you are interested. Good Luck.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've also got the Küry Triple Whammy. Works great.

The only additional thing I'd like to do is try a Clear Alternatives LED board for the tail light, but I'm not sure if they would be compatible or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts