Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some ramps to be able to put my Vulcan900 in the bed of my pickup.

I really do not want to spend the $300 plus for the ramps at the Kawi and HD shops. Nor do I think the $60 ones at wal mart are any good. Would an ATV ramp be ok? I've seen those for ~$100 mark.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i bought a set about 10 years ago at a helmet dist in pasadena tx look around localy at motor cycle parts places etc mine is good built i use it to put my 4 wheeler in back of pick up ithink i paid about 110.00 just google it you can find one

·
Registered
409 Posts
In my experience, ATV ramps will work, but they are not designed for bikes. You really should look for the type that are curved at the top (only slightly). This arched ramp ensures that you will not scrape the bottom of your bike when pushing it up the ramp. Also, Atv ramps are sold in pairs and so the weight rating on them is for the combined pair. Therefore you should look for a single ramp with a minimum load rating of 750lbs. 1000lbs is best. I have a nice ramp that works well for our Vulcans and also it folds in half for easy storage and is great for our dirt bikes too.

A proper Motorcycle ramp should cost less than a ATV ramp set that would have a load rating of 1500lbs. (That is 750lbs per ramp).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts