Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent last weekend hustling the big dog through the twisties of US129, Tail of the Dragon. Got a bunch of pictures, but this is the only one I had handy that was small enough to post. Also wanted those discussing LED driving lights to see the elCheapos from Advance I have installed...

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Cool Pic's, the driving lights look good... Smile next time!!! ^_^

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'll be heading down there May 2 . . . What condition is the road in? I'm hoping that the photo guys will be there this time . . . Last time I ran it no one took photos because of rain earlier in the day . . .

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'll be heading down there May 2 . . . What condition is the road in? I'm hoping that the photo guys will be there this time . . . Last time I ran it no one took photos because of rain earlier in the day . . .
They photo guys should be there, you are gettign alot closer to peak season, be prepared for croctchrocket chaos, and alot of TENN state troopers. My opion ride the dragon down and back stop get your t-shirt and stickers and go find roads elsewhere, here is a good site. http://www.motorcycleroads.com/category.php?id=109

Dragon is a fun ride and all but really its just over hyped and can become very over crowded.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Cherahola pkwy (sp) awesome road not far from the tail

·
Registered
228 Posts
Cherahola pkwy (sp) awesome road not far from the tail
Yes it is there are a few others as well. I did enjoy that area but i just seemed like it was such a long drive to get to the dragon from any surrounding towns. So i would suggest getting close to robbinsville as possible. Another great area to stay is Banner Elk/Boone area there are a ton of really good rides there north of that is where the Snake is out of Mountian City, to shadey valley and surrounding area, South of banner elk is some really good roads as well (some slower twisties and some 4 lane 55-70mph floorboard scrappers) along with being very centrally located to the Blue Ridge and not far from Mt Mitchell.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the road is actually in far better shape than I expected after the winter. Great riding. As far as where to stay, we stayed in Pigeon Forge. The ride across the parkway (321) is as nice a ride as you will ever take in your life. Staying closer means you miss it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I wish I had time for all that! I'll be heading to southern GA for work tomorrow . . . Friday afternoon I'm heading back - probably ride up to Murphy. NC along my little (300 mile) detour so I can at least ride the Dragon Saturday morning . . . It's gonna be one pass followed by 500 miles of mostly superslab to get home at a decent time Saturday night . . .

·
Registered
361 Posts
Spent last weekend hustling the big dog through the twisties of US129, Tail of the Dragon. Got a bunch of pictures, but this is the only one I had handy that was small enough to post. Also wanted those discussing LED driving lights to see the elCheapos from Advance I have installed...

Nice one bud, looks good seeing a big beast like these doin the hard yards. Great pic, flick us more if ya got em.

Ando

Sent from the bottom of the Earth via a Tapatalk clone........……Motorcycle.com.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts