Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Looks like ya'll had a "Good Time" (couldn't resist... LOL) even though it looks to have rained on ya most of the way (been there done that in those mountains). Living in middle Tennessee my wife and I ride thru most of the rides you did several times a year (been on the Dragon 6 times this year so far), and love the Cherohalla probably the best of the bunch (the Blue Ridge about 2nd)... the Dragon is more challenging but hard to notice the scenic views while riding it. If ya happen to do next time trip also check out the Devil's Triangle that is just north of Oak Ridge... about as good as the Dragon with less traffic.!!

Anywayz... Great Video.!! :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did rain for most of the trip. Unfortunately, on the Cherahola we had incredibly bad fog for a good portion of the ride. Hope to go back some time when it's sunny. Also want to ride the Snake next time.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You've put together a great video with some nice music too!! The area I ride in is so boring it stinks. You are some lucky riders. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
It did rain for most of the trip. Unfortunately, on the Cherahola we had incredibly bad fog for a good portion of the ride. Hope to go back some time when it's sunny. Also want to ride the Snake next time.
The Snake is okay and if you asked some locals how to find it there is one called the "Worm" that's got one turn that will really raise the hair on the nape of your neck as it's in the middle of a very steep grade and you see your own rear end while make the sharp turn... LOL

Too bad you had fog on the Cherahola, the views across that stretch are breath taking, and the temp. change when you get a mile high up is amazing... have warned many a rider before crossing you may want to put a light jacket on, only to see them scramble to get one on at an overlook :D Me... I'm a polarbear, have rode it sleeveless most everytime at least in the summer months.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Great video! Really enjoyed it. Looks like a good place to ride. Thanks for sharing.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts