Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cop pulled me over on the highway last night. He was very nice and said hey man I ride alot and you have no rear lights except for that ti y license plate light. To make a long story short are there any tail light replacement options that will make it stay on so I can have some rear lighting at night?

·
Registered
201 Posts
you have no rear lights except for that ti y license plate light. To make a long story short are there any tail light replacement options that will make it stay on so I can have some rear lighting at night?
I don't understand did you replace your bulb? From that statement it sounds like one of the two fillaments burnt out. Your tail light should stay on when your bike is running.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Other than that, Kissan also makes a unit as does Kury to turn your turn signals into running lights/turn signals. But it does sound like your brakelight/running light is malfunctioning.

·
Registered
742 Posts
yup... i had the same problem with the stock bulb... but only the brake was out, not the run... it welded itself somehow and only acted a a single filament.

first change the bulb and check the light... some say it is something you should get use to doing every time you ride and especially if you know you'll be riding at night. i never did but i learned my lesson.

but... i opted to upgrade my turn signals to LED bullets that are RUN/TURN so now i have more lights in the rear. you could always go the cheap way and add a red LED strip in the back to make yourself a bit more noticeable!

g/l!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts