1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am curious to see how a tail bag would work, I went with some Bungee cord knobs so I can bungee things down in the rear. I would like to see and hear about how it works if you go that route.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am curious to see how a tail bag would work, I went with some Bungee cord knobs so I can bungee things down in the rear. I would like to see and hear about how it works if you go that route.
Which ever one I get I'll post pics...

Which bungee cord knobs did you get? I was looking at the cobra ones...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have that Tourmaster tailbag. I used it on my Ninja 650 before I sold it, now it is on my wife's Honda Shadow Phantom. It works well on that. If you want pics or some more info let me know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have that Tourmaster tailbag. I used it on my Ninja 650 before I sold it, now it is on my wife's Honda Shadow Phantom. It works well on that. If you want pics or some more info let me know.
Hi MC, yes if you could post a pic that would be great!

----------------------
2009 Vulcan 900 Custom

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree pics would be awesome. Thanks.

How do you like the bag? I'm looking for something to allow me to pack lunch and maybe a light rain jacket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There's plenty of room for a lunch and light jacket. The sides expand a little to give you a bit more room. I can take more pictures if you want some of the bag sitting on a 900LT.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MC, thanks for the pics, it makes it easier to see it in relation to a bike as opposed to just a picture on the internet... It actually is a bit bigger than I imagined. What do you think of the bag as far as the bungees go? Do they hold well on the back of your wife's shadow?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have the coretech bag. The bungees work really well and there is a non skid rubber on the bottom that also helps keep it gripped to the luggage rack. Perfect for a commuting bag. Also come with a rain cover.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The bungees work well. On my wife's bike, I wrap the front ones around the leather strap that runs across the seat then down to the frame. This combined with the foam rubber bottom keep it from sliding back while riding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know you are looking for daily riding Tailbags....but, thought I'd also input on the Tailbag for longer touring...

I just rode 10-days and hauled full camping grear.....used the MotoFizz MC bag, SIZE L.
It is 22" and expands to 27".. Lots of D-Rings and lashes....doesn't move a bit.

I would HIGHLY recommend looking at the smaller MotoFizz to add to your mix of considerations. I'm also a diver and having all the D-Rings, straps and fully integrated, designed for the activity is a bonus and something I always look for.

I also have the TourMaster T-Bags which fit onto the sissy bar and really like those for smaller trips. Can take the roll bag off top, if not needed, but for bigger trips, can't beat the MotoFizz!!!!!

The pic below is of my MotoFizz (Size L) fully expanded, on my Vulcan 1600 Classic.

Here's a link to the MotoFizz site:
SMALL http://www.aerostich.com/motofizz-camping-seat-bags-small.html
MEDIUM http://www.aerostich.com/medium-motofizz-camping-seat-bag.html
LARGE http://www.aerostich.com/motofizz-camping-seat-bags-large.html

Again, these are great utility bags ---- for hauling and not having the bag move around...the entry in the ends and top is ideal...perfectly designed and rugged.
They are NOT the nice/tidy sleek bags for daily riding, other options mentioned are much better for looks, I'd think.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have 2 bags that have handles, easy on/off. The rear bag is a Saddleman Desperado Tail Bag, top open, linked here.

The front bag is a large Biker's Friend, side open, which also acts as a rider's back rest linked here. The interior of the Biker's Friend is like PVC pipe. It would be almost impossible to crush. I keep my camera and other fragile type stuff in it.

Although I have other, larger bags, these 2 bags are on my bike well over 90% of the time. I really like both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow Kerry! Thanks for the pix! That's the best view of the Bikers' Friend bag I've seen.... That looks like a good setup! I wondered about those and haven't seen any in person.

BTW, awesome pix! :

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Here's a picture of my 900 with a Mutazu Hard tail bag. Not too bad a value for the price.

I'm thinking of selling mine if you are interested... PM me if so....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been using a Saddlemen BR1800EX and have been really happy with it. Very roomy, Looks great, built in rain cover,very flexible mounting options, the backrest is great if your solo as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts