Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may already be common knowledge that I missed, but I will share none-the- less.

I dislike the whole tag deal on the 900, and needed a fix on low funds. I took the tag off a stared. My solution was to flip the tag bracket, lowering the holes a little. Then I mounted the tag using the bottom holes. My tag has a chrome frame that fit real tight to the tag light. I lined up all the bolts and then tightened it all up.

Not a big deal, took about 10 minutes, but it does raise the tag up a good bit. Cleans up the back side a little. My next step is to shorten the turn signal stems.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think this is similiar to what people did on the link from the other thread.
I cut off the lower fender piece at the seam below the reflector. I removed the original reflector and licence plate light. The licence plate bracket is turned 180 deg from original position and bolted through the holes where the light used to be. The new lighted LED frame has 4 clear led's to illuminate the plate and eight red LED's for both running and brake lights combined. The frame was from J&P, Cat# 340-618 and cost ~$50.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think this is similiar to what people did on the link from the other thread.
I cut off the lower fender piece at the seam below the reflector. I removed the original reflector and licence plate light. The licence plate bracket is turned 180 deg from original position and bolted through the holes where the light used to be. The new lighted LED frame has 4 clear led's to illuminate the plate and eight red LED's for both running and brake lights combined. The frame was from J&P, Cat# 340-618 and cost ~$50.
Maybe a little more work and money, but I like yours better.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just removed the reflector and moved the tag bracket up to those holes. No cutting. I may have had to make the holes a little larger, but that was all. John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts