Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a Kawasaki tach for my VN 900C and after a year the tach light started to flicker and now doesn't light up just the needle does, I checked the connections all are good must be inside the tach itself, is it a bad bulb or a short?

·
Registered
529 Posts
If the tach itself is still working its probably a bulb.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I was thinking a bulb as well any idea where I can buy one?
It's a Kawasaki tach correct? Shouldn't your dealer have replacement bulbs? If you have any of the documentation from the tach it should tell you what replacement bulb you need, and then you can google the part number to find the best price.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I didn't know Kawa had a tach for the 900? But yeah - sounds like a bulb.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was thinking a bulb as well any idea where I can buy one?
I would pull the bulb and try AutoZone or another automotive bulb store. Its probably something fairly standard. Otherwise, you could try to find documentation on the tach that lists the bulb number.

If you can figure out the part number, superbrightleds.com might have an LED equivalent that would last longer, shine brighter, etc.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
That's because they cost is crazy high. Very few folks have them.
Everything that is what I like to call "Dealer Aftermarket Accessories" is crazy expensive. This is why the secondary market is booming. Selling things at half, or less than half of the OEM equivalent. Like, I was nosing around on eBay, and a USED, DAMAGED OEM windshield off a 900 LT was over $300. Really? For a damaged piece? For about the same money, you could get a brand new fully functional non damaged Memphis Fats 21" with mounting hardware. Doesn't make sense to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts