Which oil do you use in your VN1700 ?

• Traditional Oil

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to varying opinions on preferred oil, I am interested to know what the consensus is on oil use in the VN1700 bikes. My bike is coming up on the first 600 mile oil change. I am thinking I should switch to Kawasaki's premium oil (synthetic) since I am riding a premium 2021 Voyager.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was wondering if there is any way to tell what my bike has in it already oil wise? It has about 29000 miles on it and I was going to change the oil but I'm not sure what was used in it prior.... If it was synthetic and I use regular or visa versa is that going to hurt anything?

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I switched to AMSOIL at 600 miles and change every 6k. It's at 77k now. Just saying. Use whatever floats your boat. Everyone has an opinion but I'm not offering any. My friend is a Dealer and I'm a preferred customer, so my price is less than retail..

·
Registered
71 Posts
SERVICE LIFE
Recommended for use up to twice the motorcycle manufacturer-recommended change interval (miles/hours) or one year, whichever comes first, in engines and transmissions. When using an oil filter other than AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filter, change the filter at standard intervals. Racing or modified engines are excluded from extended drain interval recommendations; oil changes are at the owner's discretion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello VA6IRC......where can a guy buy a quart of Amsoil pictured above and what generally is the average cost of a quart of it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am a preferred customer (small annual fee) but then you can order directly off of their website at discounted prices. Otherwise you need to find a dealer in your area to buy from. On AMSOIL’s website there is a link to find AMSOIL near you.

In USA go to amsoil.com

In Canada go to amsoil.ca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts