Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks for the update. As mentioned in the earlier thread, this is a mod that I'm going to look into. I like, too, the way that they fold up into one piece when you don't want them stickout out. Do they lock into place, both folded and/or out?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the update. As mentioned in the earlier thread, this is a mod that I'm going to look into. I like, too, the way that they fold up into one piece when you don't want them stickout out. Do they lock into place, both folded and/or out?
Yes they lock in both position.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yes they lock in both position.
Now, that's interesting to me, and something i thought would happen in looking at close-ups of the Swingwings.

Here's another question... Since they lock into both positions, does this mean you have to be stopped and off the bike to change position, or can you move them back and forth on the fly?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now, that's interesting to me, and something i thought would happen in looking at close-ups of the Swingwings.

Here's another question... Since they lock into both positions, does this mean you have to be stopped and off the bike to change position, or can you move them back and forth on the fly?
I guess that depends of your reach , if you can adjust your boot you could do it on the fly. All you do is slide the lever down and swing them, they lock in automaticaly

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I guess that depends of your reach , if you can adjust your boot you could do it on the fly.
Adjust your boot?

I guess what i want to know is; do you have to reach down with your hand to unlock and position the wing, or can it be done by your foot while riding down the highway.

I would think that doing it by hand while rolling down the road would be a pretty significant safety issue.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adjust your boot?

I guess what i want to know is; do you have to reach down with your hand to unlock and position the wing, or can it be done by your foot while riding down the highway.

I would think that doing it by hand while rolling down the road would be a pretty significant safety issue.
Yes you have to use your hand, i would do it at a stoplight with the bike in N. I always leave mine out because of my height, but they are like mini floorboards when in.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I could make a little video of how they open and close if you would like.
I'd sure appreciate that.

Also, if you could A). show yourself on the bike (or at least your leg and foot), so I can see how the leg is flexed while on the extensions for someone over six feet, and B). how you foot sits on the folded-in "mini floorboards", i.e. what kind of support it offers (as opposed to the standard pegs). Those would be terrific to see/know.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I could make a little video of how they open and close if you would like.
Not for me, thanks. If it can't be changed by foot while at highway speeds, i'm not really interested in them. IMHO, it's a great idea, but lacking in functionality.

Sounds like there may still be interest by others though. Thanks for offering.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have switch blades on my 07 custom...different function but just thought id add a pic ...these are held in place with just a little indent so you can open and close them with your foot, im surprized they didnt do something simillar with the swingwings.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the photos bigsarge. I have been looking at those. I just installed 2" extensions to my forward controls and think the swingwings would be a nice addition.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd sure appreciate that.

Also, if you could A). show yourself on the bike (or at least your leg and foot), so I can see how the leg is flexed while on the extensions for someone over six feet, and B). how you foot sits on the folded-in "mini floorboards", i.e. what kind of support it offers (as opposed to the standard pegs). Those would be terrific to see/know.
sure ill hook ya up, but it might be a day or two, ive been getting off pretty late. Plus im on hawaii time

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have switch blades on my 07 custom...different function but just thought id add a pic ...these are held in place with just a little indent so you can open and close them with your foot, im surprized they didnt do something simillar with the swingwings.

Those are pretty cool too, just go the wrong way for me, but they sure look good.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would love to get these also if they extend the leg enough im exactlly 6 ft also do they hit the ground at all on turns??
i have hit them once or twice, however i have them at a slight angle as i dont care for my feet to be flat, but you could have them paralle with the ground, like a floor board, and they wouldnt be any differnt then your normal pegs. i just prefer the extra support for the back of my foot .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts