Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on my swingarm mount saddle bag and I can hear rubbing over my exhaust, anybody else encounter this issue or know where its rubbing? I can't seem to locate it

·
Registered
149 Posts
Are you referring to a set of Saddlebags or the single Swingarm bag that for the Vulcan should be a Left-Hand version thus no interaction with the exhaust?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The left hand single swingarm bag, I tightened the straps as much as I could theres still rubbing

·
Registered
658 Posts
The left hand single swingarm bag, I tightened the straps as much as I could theres still rubbing
I used twist ties to secure and pipe insulation over the swing arm to alleviate the rubbing. :D

pjd52 said:
Are you referring to a set of Saddlebags or the single Swingarm bag that for the Vulcan should be a Left-Hand version thus no interaction with the exhaust?
I'm guessing he meant hearing the rubbing noise over the noise of the exhaust, not that the bag is actually over the exhaust...

here is my bag mounted for reference

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you truckie, I put about 100 miles on the bike this morning and was able to tighten the bag a little more afterwards. If that doesn't alleviate my issue I'll resort to your method

1 - 5 of 5 Posts