Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a leather SwingArm Bag to my 900 Classic. The craftsmanship on this bag is excellent. This is part of my attempt to move away from the standard Cruiser look and come up with something different. Thus I did away with my saddlebags and needed something for storage. This bag fit the bill and looks great. Another change was the trimmed front fender. Next...solo seat and Kuryakyn SwingWing Pegs in place of the floorboards.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've got that bag too. Love it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yep, as mentioned over on the other site's thread, it's a great alternative for those of us who don't want saddlebags.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is this a better fit than the Jammer Solo swingarm bag sold at Phat Performance? I'd like to know before I click on Phat's. Thx.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I had an answer for you but other than looking at the picture on Phat I have no idea how their bag fits or the quality of the bag. I can see that it is $20 cheaper but I am totally satisfied with the 312LHD and the quality leaves nothing to be desired. Additionally, there are quite a few options with the 312LHD bag.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think I'll go with what you have as the Phat model seems to be too large and as such the 900 bike lines don't match well. The 3" thickness is fine too. Also, could you tell us how it is attached at the back to the swingarm bars? TY.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leather straps internally feed through slots in the bag at the forward and rearward positions on the back of the bag. The slots for the straps are at the correct height to grab the upper and lower swing arms. So, four mounting points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts