Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get a decent swingarm back that doesn't cost an arm and leg? I found some on ebay for $50. They are for the right side but the seller said they had some left side bags but are sold out of the lefts and don't know when or if they will get anymore...thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
$50 bucks? That's cheap! I'd jump on it of the quality is good. I'm holding out for a Licks. I hear good things about then but they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yeah, $50 is real cheap, I definitely paid too much for mine. I love it, but I wish I shopped around more.

Pic for reference (and cause I'm a pic whore).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
658 Posts
What bag is that truckie453?
$150 sounds about right. It is the leatherworks bag, Don't get me wrong, it is a really well made bag, quality materials. It was a gift from my wife when I first got my bike. I've just seen similar bags for less.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a LeatherWorks 312 Chopper Bag. In my mind, it's the best swingarm bag available: all leather, excellent craftsmanship and finish, etc. Here's a pic of it on my '08 900 Custom:

·
Banned
102 Posts
I'm really curious, how do those swing arm bags affect cornering? Do they drag at all? They seem like they'd touch don on a hard left.

I like them because they're small and discreet but I haven't gotten one because of my concerns on how low they ride.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm really curious, how do those swing arm bags affect cornering? Do they drag at all? They seem like they'd touch don on a hard left.

I like them because they're small and discreet but I haven't gotten one because of my concerns on how low they ride.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
Granted, I'm not a cornering demon, but I've never touched ground with it...as far as I know, I've never even come close. If you look at the pic, you can see that it actually rides up rather high, so the lean of the bike would have to be such that you'd probably hit the pulley before you hit the bag.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Granted, I'm not a cornering demon, but I've never touched ground with it...as far as I know, I've never even come close. If you look at the pic, you can see that it actually rides up rather high, so the lean of the bike would have to be such that you'd probably hit the pulley before you hit the bag.
Never had a problem either.

·
Registered
133 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts