Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting some new pipes for my 900 custom. right now its between the cobra swept exhaust and the freedom performance sharp radius (I'm leaning towards the cobras at the moment...) Any one have thoughts / experience with either?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm thinking about getting some new pipes for my 900 custom. right now its between the cobra swept exhaust and the freedom performance sharp radius (I'm leaning towards the cobras at the moment...) Any one have thoughts / experience with either?
I have the Cobra Swept exhausts. I love the sound of them and how they look, however they do bark. I go easy on the throttle in my neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I have the American performance pipes, the fit and finish is A1, they are a easy install, even for a mechanical nudnik like me. They are baffled, but they are still load. I don't twist it hard till I am out of town. The pipes have massive heat shields, so "blueing| should not be a problem. They are however, not the cheapest around, but I like the look.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I LOVE the cobra swept but was not fond of the price tag. I ended up going with Road Burner Big Radius ($399 shipped). They sound and look great! I have them installed in my avitar. The pipes seem to be great quality and from what I have found out Road Burner is ultimately owned by Hard Krome (sp). I bought them from ebay, not sure of the seller at the moment but they def get my recommendation

·
BOTM Winner, August 2013
202 Posts
I LOVE the cobra swept but was not fond of the price tag. I ended up going with Road Burner Big Radius ($399 shipped). They sound and look great! I have them installed in my avitar. The pipes seem to be great quality and from what I have found out Road Burner is ultimately owned by Hard Krome (sp). I bought them from ebay, not sure of the seller at the moment but they def get my recommendation
The seller is named Roadoverstock or something like that. I bought the 3" pipes from them but did think about getting the ones you have.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had the Freedoms but sadly I just took them off due to stupidity of the local laws. They took my bike away for 30 days & wanted to jail me for 10 days as well!
Got it back today, barely, & installed back the stockers :(
The Freedom was AMAZING, Loud bark, Light & I got the feeling the bike got a lil more power with them...

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had the Freedoms but sadly I just took them off due to stupidity of the local laws. They took my bike away for 30 days & wanted to jail me for 10 days as well!
Got it back today, barely, & installed back the stockers :(
The Freedom was AMAZING, Loud bark, Light & I got the feeling the bike got a lil more power with them...
that sucks, where the hell is Taif? need to avoid this area

·
Registered
270 Posts
Whiting57 where did you get that exhaust? website? do you have more pics

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the freedom performance exhaust and they are awesome. I got them last year and haven't had any trouble with them. They do bark a bit and you wanna probably pick up a fuel processor. I have a YouTube link on how to put them on and what they sound like before and after installation. Kawasaki Vulcan Custom 900 SE Sharp Curve Radius Exhaust Install and 09 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom SE stock exhaust removal and vulcan custom 900 before and after new exhaust. That should be the links to those videos. Check em out. Hopefully they help with your decision

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Whiting57 where did you get that exhaust? website? do you have more pics
I got them from meancyles .... i have more is but am using my phone, i will post a link tomorrow

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts