Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got one of these Xelement "Excutioner" leather jacket with level 3 armor. I paid $129 and free shipping at leather up. It has shoulder pads, back pads, elbow pads and 4 ventilation zippers in the front and 2 vintilation zippers in the back. It also has a removable full sleeve liner for cold days. It was about 80 degrees this morning on my way to work and the vents worked great.
-Art
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcycle-Jackets/Xelement-Mens-Executioner-Armored-Black-Racer-Motorcycle-Jacket/94622.html

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks like a nice jacket and I happen to be in the market for one. Now I will just have to wait for the finances to settle down a bit and hope its still on sale.

·
Megatron
181 Posts
BEWARE! If you ever have to return something to Leather Up its a long drawn out process. My girlfriend bought a rainsuit from them and first time she needed them the pants leaked. Its been over 10 weeks since the process began and she's STILL waiting for a replacement or refund!
That said, I bought a nice leather riding jacket a couple years back from them that was a good deal.

·
BOTM Winner, March 2013
348 Posts
BEWARE! If you ever have to return something to Leather Up its a long drawn out process. My girlfriend bought a rainsuit from them and first time she needed them the pants leaked. Its been over 10 weeks since the process began and she's STILL waiting for a replacement or refund!
That said, I bought a nice leather riding jacket a couple years back from them that was a good deal.
Maybe she just got bad luck. I had to return and exchange for different one my leather jacket because it was too big. I got it back in week and half maybe max 2 weeks (my shipping time to them, processing and shipping back to me). I live in GA and they located in CA

·
Megatron
181 Posts
We're in NY State and its been a ridiculous process. Had to email this and that, had to get a case number, had to get a shipping label, had to supply receipts, had to ship the bad pants back and on and on and ........ well you get the picture. Good thing we're in a drought here.
I swear by Dennis Kirk, they're shipping is great, you order something and you get ......YESTERDAY! :)
The one time I had to return something to them I sent the return item and the next day got the replacement, they crossed in the mail. You cannot beat Dennis Kirk!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have an awesome black leather jacket with removable armour, from Joe Rocket. I bought it a few years ago. The price at that time was $500, and I got it for $360 no tax at a bike show in Toronto. It is basically this same jacket, but a few years ago. Not much different:

http://www.joerocket.ca/en/catalog/item.cfm?ItemsID=0e3246fb-f406-4d87-bd66-5869e3d112e6

Unfortunately the stitching on the side pocket zippers ripped within a few weeks, so it is basically like having your side pockets open all the time. I couldn't return it since it was a "show special".

No regrets at all though. It has armour, amazing ventilation (when you want it) and is extremely comfortable.

I have tried not to skimp over the years on helmets, jackets, boots, or gloves as they may save my life one day. (Or reduce some serious road rash).

Not sure what type of quality or protection this one from leather up has.

Matt

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered a size large and I am 5'9" 170 lbs. It's a perfect fit for me. Perfect length in the arms and built in flex points in the shoulders and elbows. If you want it a little baggy to wear layers underneath then order 1 size up. I dont think i will need much layering as it has a full sleeve zip out lining for cold weather. This jacket seems to built very well, very thick leather I don't think that I "skimped" at all on this purchase. I just got a really good deal.
-Art

·
Registered
507 Posts
I ordered a size large and I am 5'9" 170 lbs. It's a perfect fit for me. Perfect length in the arms and built in flex points in the shoulders and elbows. If you want it a little baggy to wear layers underneath then order 1 size up. I dont think i will need much layering as it has a full sleeve zip out lining for cold weather. This jacket seems to built very well, very thick leather I don't think that I "skimped" at all on this purchase. I just got a really good deal.
-Art
Hi Art.

I didn't mean to imply anyone with a less expensive jacket has skimped. I just meant that I bought the one I got because it seemed like it offered good protection.

I probably paid too much (may have gotten a similar one cheaper, such as the Leather up one), but no regrets because of the job it does.

I feel that the bottom line, regardless of price, get something that will protect you properly.

Matt

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The jacket I got has 2 types of padding. Some is non removable and sewn into the leather it feels like closed cell foam. The back armor is also closed cell foam and is removable. The shoulders have the soft foam sewn into the leather and removable harder plastic inserts. I think the best part is the 6 zippered vents to let the air flow on warm days. If it did not have the vents I could only wear it in cooler weather.
-Art

·
Registered
43 Posts
Armored jacket

I think it is very wise to choose a leather jacket that has armour, I love the look of leather, but there is too many out there that won't protect you when you need it most, there's nothing too them but the shell. Good choice Art

1 - 13 of 13 Posts