Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

sweet bikes for gals

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  CuberBob 
#1 ·
Wandered across this website and can't help but be impressed by the designs and paintwork of these bikes...all geared towards women.

They even build their own custom lady's bike from the ground up - WildKat

http://www.roarmotorcycles.com/new-showroom

Makes me want to run a hot pink pinstripe over the red pinstripe on my bike, which separates the matte white and matte black paint.

And it REALLY makes me want to lower the rear, although only for looks. Not enough money or time to do all the customizing I want to do.

On a side note, I read my first Baggers magazine last night and realized I am truly a bagger at heart. One day I'll have a sweet custom bagger that isn't obnoxious and still rideable!!

#3 ·
Im not very impressed with the bikes personally and their prices, most of it is all bolt on parts and a nice paint job (very impressed with the root beer paint job though.) IF you like your 900 everything comes with time and patience. I'd say first thing you should buy is the service manual (do most of your own trouble shooting) then get a bike jack. If you shop around you can get the lowering kit for about $120. (I had one and later decided to remove it). and for most motorcycle parts if you want it you can make it fit. I love the bagger thing as well. I found some tsukayu strong bags for $41 on ebay, had to make my own mount however and they still need some love with the paint. Also found a bob dron fairing for $125 on craigslist. Getting my lil nine where I want it one piece at a time. I will say I think Roar is genius to target a market like they are with simple mods and great paint.

#5 ·
Mayorblurps, you may want to check out what Bald Marine did to his 900 Custom. He turned it into a bagger and included a lot of step by step pictures. Try this post: http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29118 .If it does not pull up do a search on here for 900 Bagger and you should see the post. I want to go the bagger route as well, but I am going to do it with a different bike and leave my 900 Custom alone. Well almost alone. ;)

#6 ·
#9 · (Edited)
Some of those are nice bikes.my blacked out custom had all the looks I wanted except for the low and mean cycles redo of the tailight license section.If you like to see some welldone bikes even though they are yamahas go to pacific coast star. Low and mean full custom conversion would have cost me about $6000.Then I would be afraid to ride it for fear of scratching it.another company I think is blue collar bobbers and blue steel customs has some nice vulcans.The vulcan in your avitar looks like a perfect replacement for the harley nightster.

#11 ·
They look sharp!

Wife and I have been thinking about doing something to hers. She rides a Shadow Aero, super low and small, perfect for a gal her size (5'). Funny thing is, she gets more compliments on her bike than anyone else we ride with... It's got this awesome deep red paint job from Honda.. it's awesome!

I didn't think their prices were too extreme, unless those prices didn't include the bike. Any time you have someone ELSE build a custom bike it's going to cost. It's not really fair to tally up the cost of the parts, because that's not labor, R&D, overhead, insurance, taxes,etc., all of the other costs they have. It's also not fair to compare a big firm like that to a backyard wrench who sells them out of his house, skimping on taxes, insurance, and other things.

That said, I think before I paid ANYONE to build me a bike, I'd do it myself. A pro paint job and a few bolt ons wouldn't cost too much and can make any bike look good. I'm actually more excited about building up the wifes bike. Sorry Vulcan guys, I love mine, but that Shadow is one gorgeous two wheeled machine. If they weren't so small (physically speaking) I think I'd ride one too.

#12 ·
Roar

We know this place.

I was skeptical at first, but after chatting with the owner for a while, realized thay really do what they can to just about re-engineer the biks to fit women's needs. It's not just lowering and pretty paint.

They really talked a lot about not just the ergonomics, but the physics of turns & such. (Like throwing yourself off balance by having to reach while turning at slow speeds..)

We were looking for a seat solution. They didn't start out wanting to sell us a seat, we started with handle bar risers.

We ended up sending her seat down, and for $350, they recovered, and re-sculpted the seat. Totally comfortable for my wife, and totally custom. Very cool.

They are great folks there too.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.