Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 750, gotta swap out the grips...something chewed up the throttle grip. I've never done it before and don't wanna take it to shop for this, so question is, is it as easy as slicing the old ones off like I've heard?

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I put new grips on my 9. wasn't hard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Forgive my ignorance, but they say the only 'stupid' questions are unasked ones, right. :) Does the hairspray work well enough for glue. Not that I have any around, but can get hold of some.
See, I can change oil, brakes, even put on a new tire...I just don't wanna screw this up and be left hangin'.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Greyhoun95,

Changing grips is one of the easiest things you can do. If you are changing oil, brakes and tires this will be a piece of cake.
If you buy a set of grips they will come with glue. The trick is to give it the time to set. Check out the link below to see how it's done.

Ron

https://youtu.be/y1Xe9CPp9vA

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
The tube of glue that came with my new grips was dried out I used gorilla glue on the left grip. Do not put glue on the throttle side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tube of glue that came with my new grips was dried out I used gorilla glue on the left grip. Do not put glue on the throttle side.
Good to know. good ol' Gorilla Glue, huh. ha. Thanks for the tip on throttle side. We'll see how it goes!

·
Registered
918 Posts
If you want to make the left grip less permanent, wrap that side in electrical tape. I did that once when Cruiser Customizing sent me 1" grips. It worked pretty good. The grip rotated some, but never slide off.

Also, if you ever decide to change out handlebars, you'll likely have to grind off the nipples in both plastic housings. The electrical tape will give them something to grip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts