Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Kawasaki forum. You guy have been so helpful with my 900 custom I thought I would post this hear.

I will give a little history on the bike. My step sons Dad gave it to him. He is moving. Its a 2004 600 Katana. It had sat for a few years I don't really know how many. It has 8000 miles on it. They put a new battery on it at the beginning of summer an tried to get it running. They said oil was leaking everywhere. Last week he told me he was giving it to my step son an wanted to know if I would try to get it running for him. I was just hoping it was an oil line but it was not. The crank case breather hose had come off an it had oil pooring / gushing out of it. I drained the oil an probably got 2 1/2 gallons of oil an gas out of the motor. I put fresh oil in, drained the gas tank, changed plugs. It will start go to about 2000 rpm an die. If I spray carb cleaner in the carbs I can keep it running that way. Any ideas on what to do next? What should I check? Sorry for suck a long post.

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts