Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Installed a full set 900 miles ago and loving them. My Pirelli MT66's were not getting it done and wearing out in 7,500 miles. These tires are awesome but we will see the longevity before long. Nice fairly sticky but hard rubber so I have great hopes for them. The 170/80/15 fit mine with the overdrive Baron's front pulley so all is good for now.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Same as Dirtwiz. I have been running them so long I can't remember the stock set-up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Installed both front and rear very late last fall. I just turned a thousand miles on them. I know it's too early to give a true thumbs up or down on the tires, but so far I really like them. I initially felt I was siting a little taller in the saddle. The gearing was much more stretched out IMO and the speedo accuracy should have been somewhat corrected. Although I haven't confirmed this with a GPS, I have noticed when I'm riding with other bikes observing the speed limit, my speedo seems to be right on the money. The handling is noticeably better, too. Nothing bad to report. We'll just have to see what kind of mileage I get out of them.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I've got about 3000 on my rear. So far it seems to be holding up well, and there are a lot of those miles on gravel roads. I just finished a ride this past weekend with about 100 miles in the rain and it handled it great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just installed a pair this weekend. Picked them up on ebay as a package deal $247 and 5 shipping. This is now a completely different bike. The handling is much improved over the factory Dunlop, the seat height is about an inch higher. I had already been running both barons overdrive pulleys, and the taller tire helps even more at highway speeds. I just have to remember that my speedo reads a few miles slower than before. The factory tires lasted 5100 miles the rear was bald and flat in the center and the front was chopped/cupped from the center of the tread to the left.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just installed a pair this weekend. Picked them up on ebay as a package deal $247 and 5 shipping. This is now a completely different bike. The handling is much improved over the factory Dunlop, the seat height is about an inch higher. I had already been running both barons overdrive pulleys, and the taller tire helps even more at highway speeds. I just have to remember that my speedo reads a few miles slower than before. The factory tires lasted 5100 miles the rear was bald and flat in the center and the front was chopped/cupped from the center of the tread to the left.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
How's the torque with all that? I just have the tires installed, stock pulleys, and did not see any noticeable difference in torque at take off. Bike is just better all around, except for the seat height. Still deciding on what to do about that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts