Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sent Kuryakyn a email asking if they are making a air kit for the VV... I have their Hyper chargers on all of my scooters...here is what they sent me... Looks like I will be getting the Thunder Mfg. air kit after all...

I was going to send Thunder Mfg a copy of the email but I could not find any way to send them a email on their web site.... All vendors should have their contact info on the first page at the top....

Unfortunately this it not something that we have in production at this time however I will pass your request on to our R&D department. Also I would recommend using a thunder manufacturing kit as they do a very good job making mounting kits for the bikes that we do not cover. The hyper chargers they use are ours, they just build the mounting kits for the models and applications we do not cover. If you have any other questions let us know.

Best Regards,
William Glynn - Technical support
P: 715-247-2983 x206 - F: 715-247-5007
[email protected] - www.kuryakyn.com
Please include previous emails with reply

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
HA! What a response!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
That's just the way it's supposed to be done!

RACNRAY

·
Registered
636 Posts
I sent Kuryakyn a email asking if they are making a air kit for the VV... I have their Hyper chargers on all of my scooters...here is what they sent me... Looks like I will be getting the Thunder Mfg. air kit after all...

I was going to send Thunder Mfg a copy of the email but I could not find any way to send them a email on their web site.... All vendors should have their contact info on the first page at the top....

Unfortunately this it not something that we have in production at this time however I will pass your request on to our R&D department. Also I would recommend using a thunder manufacturing kit as they do a very good job making mounting kits for the bikes that we do not cover. The hyper chargers they use are ours, they just build the mounting kits for the models and applications we do not cover. If you have any other questions let us know.

Best Regards,
William Glynn - Technical support
P: 715-247-2983 x206 - F: 715-247-5007
[email protected] - www.kuryakyn.com
Please include previous emails with reply
I sent this over to Travis at Thunder Mfg.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured out how to get it to them on their web site.

I know as soon as I think I can afford it I will be getting one.

I have to get the hitch put on first, we are doing one of our annual road trips in two weeks... gotta have the trailer... and I have to repaint it now too...:( Last time I had to repaint it was almost 12 years ago... There is usually 20 or so of us on this 5 -7 day trip.... Oldest 72, youngest 56, depends on how much fun all us old coots on scoots are having and my wife is the only one not retired yet out of our group now... we had 12 of them retire this summer during County early retirement buy outs....

But I still do not know if I want the kit that uses the original cover or not. I would prefer to keep it, but does it get good clean cold air that has not been superheated in the nuclear reactor area between the engine heads? Will I be able to drill holes on the edge of it like we did some of the Vstar stock air cleaners?

Otherwise my second choice would be the twin velocity stack looking thing... looks like it get its air from the edges, or the one that does edges and outside middle...

Oh the humanity .............. all those decisions....:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I figured out how to get it to them on their web site.

I know as soon as I think I can afford it I will be getting one.

I have to get the hitch put on first, we are doing one of our annual road trips in two weeks... gotta have the trailer... and I have to repaint it now too...:( Last time I had to repaint it was almost 12 years ago... There is usually 20 or so of us on this 5 -7 day trip.... Oldest 72, youngest 56, depends on how much fun all us old coots on scoots are having and my wife is the only one not retired yet out of our group now... we had 12 of them retire this summer during County early retirement buy outs....

But I still do not know if I want the kit that uses the original cover or not. I would prefer to keep it, but does it get good clean cold air that has not been superheated in the nuclear reactor area between the engine heads? Will I be able to drill holes on the edge of it like we did some of the Vstar stock air cleaners?

Otherwise my second choice would be the twin velocity stack looking thing... looks like it get its air from the edges, or the one that does edges and outside middle...

Oh the humanity .............. all those decisions....:eek:
IMO Bubba, it gets plenty of fresh air. Just keep i mind if you get a kit other than 51010 you'll put out more bucks. I think you have to get an adapter as well as a cover.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts