Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went thru Bladder Cancer surgery TURBT three weeks ago. Anyone else have that surgery know how long I have to wait before I can ride again? Now I can see if I was riding my last bike, A Ninja I might have to wait longer to return to riding than I would with my present bike a 900 Vulcan with a cushy comfortable seat. This thread might lead to others who have had other types of surgery and how long it took them to get back to riding, you never know :)
I should mention the trips I am thinking about taking are one to the VA Hospital for my self the other to another hospital to see the wife who broke her ankle. Both trips would be about 3 hours round trip. one on one day the second trip the next day. Not been a good month for the family so far I guess you could say.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just had a knee replacement last month, I'm hoping for a return to the saddle by spring. Couldn't ride at all last summer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yet another update:
Looks like I am at the end of my riding motorcycles :frown2: Have to go for 2 or 4 chemo treatments then their going to take out my bladder and prostate. But that would of normally only slowed me down for a couple months. But at 2:30am this morning sadly my wife died. Besides loosing a partner of 51 years now my income will be cut in 1/2 yet again. ( happened a couple years back when we both retired.)
So won't beable to afford the bike payments. So in the very short future you'll see my bike in the forsale section. Darn I knew I shouldnt of paid out that money to have had the valves checked, and they were in spec anyways urrrghh

·
Registered
165 Posts
Damn, man, I'm sorry. That's just all kinds of sh!tty. :(

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine the good fortune to have a partner for 51 years.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Damn man! that is really sad to read! my deepest condolences on your loss and cancer struggles. I too am a bladder cancer survivor and I can't begin to think of losing my beloved wife in addition to the struggle to beat cancer. I wish you well and my prayers and thoughts for your healing go with you.

Mike

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine the good fortune to have a partner for 51 years.
And to show you how good a partner she was during that time she suprised me twice by buying me a new motorcycle. Cant get much better than that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn man! that is really sad to read! my deepest condolences on your loss and cancer struggles. I too am a bladder cancer survivor and I can't begin to think of losing my beloved wife in addition to the struggle to beat cancer. I wish you well and my prayers and thoughts for your healing go with you.

Mike
Stage two for me and they will be taking out my bladder and prostate. Did you have that done also? And if so how long before you could ride again?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts