Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on doing some cookouts at my place this summer and its open to all who want to show up. You bring your own steaks/corn/potato/whatever and I'll provide the propane grill, paper plates and such. There is room to park a fair amount of bikes.

From my place its a good spot to stage for running down to Eatonville, Elbe, Morton and all points beyond.

The dates I'll be doing this will be published in here in a new thread in the PNW section.

Perhaps if someone has some legible maps of Washington/Oregon/and beyond, we could plan out some short or longer runs, too.

We're all getting older everyday. Let's do this while we still can, even if its just the cookouts.

Chris

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My house is actually closer to Spanaway than Puyallup but it is VERY easy to find.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is at least one, maybe more people from VROC interested in doing the cookout thing.

I went this morning to Home Depot to look at some grills just for this event.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, picked up a 5 burner grill, plus side burner from Home Depot yesterday. It was on sale.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I was on the VROC site talking about starting up a PNW Rally. One guy mentioned that several years back he started what he referred to a mini-rally from his house.

Essentially he also started with cookouts at his place even letting people setup tents in his backyard for 2 - 3 days at a time.

I had not thought about that before but I have no issue with someone setting up a tent in my back yard at all. Or several someone's setting up several tents.

Before anything happens here the wife and I are putting in a toilet and sink in our downstairs laundry room sometime soon. We have been planning on doing that regardless, so once that's done people that do the tent-thing will have access to "facilities".

Breakfast can be easily cooked up on the downstairs propane grill as well as the coffee maker being brought downstairs.

I wouldn't mind if people show up Friday evening and set up their tents. The show's over Sunday night, though.

My driveway can park a dozen or more bikes and the gate can be locked for security.

Would anyone be open to something like this? Us vulcanforum folks can maybe mingle with some VROC folks, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts