Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,
Going to install a Battery Tender Jr on my 900 LT and am looking for some suggestions ( and or pictures ) on where is a safe place to zip tie connector. Also easy to get at...

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
155 Posts
I didn't zip tie mine. It just hangs on the right side, so the plug itself is always just inside the frame member where the passenger foot peg mounts. It can't get near the wheel, and I always find it just inboard of the right passenger peg. Convenient, never been a problem, and I don't fix things like that.

Good luck,
Grandpa

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Similar to Grandpa, ran mine down the left side inside the swing arm near the left passenger floor board. I did zip tie mine to the coolant reservoir hose (just to tuck it inside the swing arm frame).

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Same here. Mine just 'hangs free' and kind of tucks up underneath the seat. You could also tuck it in one of the plastic side covers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am not sure how it would work on any of the other bikes. I have a 800 and on the right side I have the keyed acces panel for a tool pouch.

Inside of that compartment I wired a 12v plug straight to the battery. This is very helpful for charging the phone while on the go.

I wired a male end of a 12v plug to my battery tender so when I pull In the garage it is simple to open the access panel and plug the bike into the tender.

On a side note you could just buy the adapter plug for a battery tender.

Good luck and maybe my suggestion may help you

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just stuffed it under the seat. When I need it I take the seat off, no big deal. (I guess my V-strom made me used to taking the seat off all the time, it's how you lock your helmets on.)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I taped the cord as I ran it under the seat, towards the rear of the bike, over the rear fender. It sticks out under the back of the seat about an inch and a half, slightly to the right side. You can't hardly see it at all, and it isn't in the way at all either.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Battery Maintainer

Good choice, they cut off at 90 + % and don't cook the plates. I have an 07 and the battery is 5 yrs. old and still has almost 90% efficiency. I ran my connector out under the seat on the right side, works good for me, and I did use a zip tie under the seat, makes it more stable..I guess it depends on where one would chose to let it exit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installed Battery Tender JR !!!

Good morning,
Going to install a Battery Tender Jr on my 900 LT and am looking for some suggestions ( and or pictures ) on where is a safe place to zip tie connector. Also easy to get at...

Thanks,
John
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the suggestions & advice. I decided to mount connector plug under ignition switch as shown in photo. Wife & I ride two up almost 100% of the time, so I did not want to hang on left or on right side and I would have had to add an extension wire to run under the seat and out the back.
I added a photo to show location.
Thanks again,
John

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, August 2013
202 Posts
Mine is right between that plastic below the seat and the frame. I just pull it out when needed and push it back in some, not all the way since I'll then have to take the seat off. It stays in place and never had any problems with it. No zip ties required.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Mine hangs down from the the left side, but in the middle behind the jugs and out of the way of anything else. Me being a southpaw n' all I never thought about putting it on the other side..... This way it never flaps in the wind or gets caught anywhere.

·
Registered
84 Posts
For 4 years mine has hung just the other side of the frame vertical bar, I just tuck it in between the frame and the side cover. Mine is on the right, but the left is identical. no zip ties required. The plug is just large enough that it stays there perfectly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts