Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and have a few questions. I have a '14 Vaquero SE. I recently (today) wired the audio input for my Galaxy S5 to work to save some $$.

I am looking to purchase an exhaust system (air intake/fuel mang.etc) any suggestions. I am not looking for the LOUD exhaust, been there, I just want a sexy deep rumble.

Also, any recommendations on risers? I'm 5'10" with a Mustang Touring seat and feel like my shoulders sit forward as I ride?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
You can't go wrong with Vance & Hines slip-ons, nice tone and good power increase.

For the intake at least a K&N drop-in air filter, or for a serious gain in overall performance an aftermarket Big Air Kit.

As for fuel management, the top of the heap is the Power Commander PCV with the ignition timing feature.

With these I have seen upwards of 12-14 H.P. and 12-15 pnds torque. With these also comes better MPG, a cooler and smoother runnin engine and that HUGE GAIN in real world performance.

My throttle mod is also highly recommended, I'll pm you th info on this mod.

Enjoy playin with ur skoot, my Vaq was 4 years old back in April, it is now over 81,000 mls!!

RACNRAY

·
Registered
281 Posts
You can't go wrong with Vance & Hines slip-ons, nice tone and good power increase.

For the intake at least a K&N drop-in air filter, or for a serious gain in overall performance an aftermarket Big Air Kit.

As for fuel management, the top of the heap is the Power Commander PCV with the ignition timing feature.

With these I have seen upwards of 12-14 H.P. and 12-15 pnds torque. With these also comes better MPG, a cooler and smoother runnin engine and that HUGE GAIN in real world performance.

My throttle mod is also highly recommended, I'll pm you th info on this mod.

Enjoy playin with ur skoot, my Vaq was 4 years old back in April, it is now over 81,000 mls!!

RACNRAY
I have all of the above mods on my 2014 Vaq SE. Runs like a raped ape. If you need a K&N drop in filter, I have one with less than 500 miles on it. Installed a BAK instead $50 shipped. Still have the original box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Light Mods

All, I have a 2014 Vaquero and want to change out all my lights to LED's. I've been looking around on the internet but am not finding a whole lot that will actually fit this bike.

I like the idea of being seen on the road while riding so the more the better. I have Hyper Lights on the rear and am adding a couple E-24 Emergency Red lights this week as braking lights. The pattern should annoy a few people behind me to maybe think I am trying to stop!

Suggestions welcome -- THANKS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts