Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I trailered my Vulcan 900 Custom SE from NJ to NM. Everything was fine. While parked in a lot, someone smashed (must have backed up into or ran into somehow) the tailgate of my trailer, effectively breaking the plastic license plate holder, and taking a chunk off the fender. I've McGuyvered, the license plate back on, but its definitely not a permanent fix. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to do, or what it's going to cost to fix... I have photos, but I am not sure how to attach them here.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Rebecca:(

·
Registered
346 Posts
you can go to kawasaki website to get parts diagrams for your model and write down all the parts that's broke, order from online OEM parts supplier than you are all set. never order straight from a dealer, they are way over price and they do the same order online too.

that's what i will do. easy fix if just fenders and plate holder. BUT!!!!

maybe its a good sign telling you its time to get a after market nice looking custom fender from meancycle. and swingarm side license plat holder. thats what i will do...if you are going to spend money on it, might as well get it custom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, MN Nomad.

Cyclesarge- photo posted, the bike is all I care about. the trailer has a small dent. No big deal.

Chobber, its a 2009 SE

evodog- I may just do that, thanks.

Redking- I hate to say it but... Tucumcari. Out here for a job.

Rebecca

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've "bobbed" many a broken fender with good results. Judging by your photo, that might not be an option here. You MIGHT be able to glue the parts back together, but it looks like replacement is your best bet.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
That's rough. I assume the perp left and didn't do anything to try and remedy the damage they caused?

My suggestion would be the same as above, start taking damaged parts of and take inventory of what's broken and what needs to be replaced, and order those parts. As I understand it, you can order those body parts right from the factory, factory painted, from any of the wholesalers that sell factory direct parts! (Or the dealer too, but, there is more mark up there for an identical part). It'll look brand new then.

·
Banned
228 Posts
tucumcari is a hole that is for sure. Please don't judge all of new mexico based on that town or any part of the eastern 1/3. The rest of the state is much more attractive though I'm not sure the people are any better.

Mind if I inquire as to the nature of the work?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've seen fenders being fixed with glue (can't remember the brand but it works like magic), bog, sand & respray but labour might cost more than a new one. I am assuming you wouldn't be up for trying the fix yourself?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts