Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'll have to post a current picture of my bike in a few minutes, but basically it is heavily modified. Lowered, Darkside, Ape hangers, custom straight pipes, custom made seat, scootworks front, powerflo intake, dobeck controller, custom built rear fender, some hard bags that I custom mounted and reinforced, custom rattle can paint and custom lighting.

Some of you may recall random pictures of it, but I don't post often so its been awhile.

Anyway, I am in the market for some new parts as I just had a side job pay me some dough.

I want a Memphis shades bullet fairing, but I am not sure if it would look right. I am getting ready to sell my truck which would make my bike my year round vehicle, I live in Tacoma WA now and am moving to Monterey next year. Need some type of fairing but a bat wing is too big. I'm only 5.8 so the bullet fairing should protect me fully.

After that I need some new pipes. My custom made by me pipes are too harsh, I would like to buy some road burners, because they are half the cost and everyone seems to like them. I can't decide between the radius pipes or the straight pipes. The straight pipes go more with the bagger look, but I have kind of gone with a hybrid style so the curved pipes may look great too.

And after that the only other thing may be a sissy bar for the wifey. Professional paint job is in the pipeline, but only after every part is on the bike that needs to be there, not going to deal with paint matching crap. :D I'm a cheapskate at heart who just has some money lol

Anything else you guys can think of I should do or is she good to go?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
There is a thread on here ... batwing specific to a custom ... i posted a pic of my bullet fairing on there ... btw, it does not offer much protection.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking that. I used to have a bat wing from a Harley I made work, but it is way to big. I want something that doesn't distract from the aggressive look I am going for. I just bought the curved pipes by the way :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys :D

Any help on the fairing front? Really think the Bullet fairing might look good, I don't like getting rained on o.0

Anyone seen other fairings that are not bat wings that may look good? Not in the business of trying things that cost 300 bucks out lol.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kind of going for the Sons of Anarchy look, with that little fairing they have on their harleys

·
Registered
698 Posts
A little bullet fairing won't do anything for you as far as rain protection is concerned but the look might be more in keeping with the rest of the bike.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
and if you are going for the SOA look then ya have to ditch the apes and put the original bars back there with a set of risers....

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah the gauntlet looks OK, and the nice thing about the trigger lock system is a few new screw holes and you can fit any fairing on pretty easily.

I'm thinking the bullet fairing and some new handlebars...new bars are like 50 bucks because I drilled out my triple tree and have standard Harley risers on there now.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Doing a google image search for "sons of anarchy motorcycles", it looks like most of them either have a bullet or this gauntlet fairing. The wikipedia article calls it a bikini fairing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK :D Thanks for the input gents, I went ahead and bought the bullet fairing, if it looks bad I can sell it without taking much of a hit.

Also picked up a set of avon air cushion grips, the black iso grips suck balls, they are smaller and the rubber is harder compared to the chrome iso grips. Also some hand rests, exhaust gaskets, and a shark bluetooth audio system, looked pretty sweet and was marked down 300 bucks...was only listed for 80 though, love ebay!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Stock Bars ...

bullet fairing ....

batwing ....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the fairing on, ideally I may get new handlebars sometime, but I really like my ape hangers lol. I also just put on new grips so that adds to the cost of new bars o.0

I am thinking my throttle cables may be too long, it is very sticky. Its not a problem when I am riding because I turn my hand back forward but if the bike is sitting there and I roll back the throttle it just stays back. I can't adjust my cables any tighter than they are. I got +10" for 16" apes, and they are way too long, now with the bars laying back a little more it may be that they are just WAY to long.

Who knows o.0

PS I am going to make a new thread with the current work, the fairing looks saweet, especially since I threw on a pair of hand gaurds that have been sitting in my closet for 2 years now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts