Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in Sturgis after 5 days and have not heard one negative comment about my 900 LT. To date I have been asked about my new Pirelli MT66's and how I like my Victory, haha. I have logged well over a 1000 miles and am having a blast. Just wanted to pass this along to anyone having doubts about taking their Vulcan to a predominant HD rally. I also went to Myrtle Beach Fall Rally 12 with similar results. On a side note my 900!LT did very well on the twisty's riiding 2-up!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I never hesitate to go to stuff like bike night & fund raiser rides because of my brand of ride. Usually the pirates just disregard it. Once in a while it'll get some positive comments, but I've never had any negatives. I'll comment on a bike if something about it catches my eye, regardless of brand.

I've never had any interest in going to Sturgis (the get together in Fayetteville looks like fun, though). Looks like too much of a "look at me!" crowd for my taste. Glad you're enjoying yourself, though.

·
Registered
754 Posts
doesn't matter what brand or size bike you ride when in Sturgis. So many bikes you become anonymous. Besides, 900 LT is a great looking bike and looks larger than 903cc

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
I went to sturgis in 09.Big disappointment for me.I could hardly get into 5th gear or take a pleasureable ride because too much bike traffic.
This. I live in Sioux Falls, SD; my group usually goes the week before or the week after Sturgis. You get all of the vendors, etc and NONE of the lines and traffic.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
This. I live in Sioux Falls, SD; my group usually goes the week before or the week after Sturgis. You get all of the vendors, etc and NONE of the lines and traffic.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
That's what I'd like to do some time. Looks like a great ride, but I'm just not a big crowd/big party kind of person. Kinda prefer to do my own thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Even though I live only 30 minutes away I don't go up there too much. Cruising Main Street in the evening on your ride is something every rider should experience at least once. The crowd, the steady thunder from all the bikes just makes everything kind of vibrate. Just be prepared to spend a lot of time on the clutch as it's a very low speed thing.

The thing the wife and I like is to just walk Main Sstreet checking out all the vendors and people watching. Unless you've been there you can't imagine what some people wear or don't wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts