Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I post a thread, can you guys see my profle pic. Been having troubles with pics on here. Kinda confused, but thats my natural state.:confused:

·
Registered
487 Posts
The only time I've gotten profile pictures to show up is on the home page. If you look in the right hand column under logged in members and click on the user name you can see your profile picture, and yes yours is there. As for seeing them on a post...no! You do not have an Avatar as "Tazlives2ride" has mentioned. Frankly I don't rightly know what the profile picture is really for, but I'm not the brightest bulb on a computer. :eek: Maybe someone will clue us in?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I guess I always considered the Avatar is something you can use to help identify yourself... a quick visual cue as to who the author is writing the post. The Avatar represents you and can be anything as meaningful or whimsical as you choose, a logo or icon or whatever. Then, if someone was interested enough and wanted to learn more about you, they can go to your profile and also see a Profile pic to see what you might "really" look like, if you choose to put one up.

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Profile pics only show up on your Public Profile. If you want an Avatar, click on "Edit Options" under "Quick Links". On the left side, click on "Edit Avatar". From there you can add an Avatar from a website address or from files on your computer.

Now, if you're wanting to add a picture of your signature, you'll need to upload a small picture to something like Flickr and then add the address location in between tags by going to "Edit Signature" under "Quick Links".

Hope that helps.

Here's your Public Profile:

[url]http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/member.php?u=3988[/url]

and you can see your Profile Picture is showing up there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes!!!!!!!!!

Ok Boys,,,,,,got it done,,,,Thanks for the help!!:)
When I post a thread, can you guys see my profle pic. Been having troubles with pics on here. Kinda confused, but thats my natural state.:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts