Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am genuinely concerned about the strong smell of exhaust i'm getting after i changed my mufflers. do the cobra tri ovals have cats in them? this has to be why they let out such a strong smell. i have no other leaks anywhere on the system. even when i'm driving, i can smell the exhaust. has anyone else that has changed from stock to the cobra tri ovals experienced this. Ive heard that the vacuum of the saddlebags is what cause the fumes to roll around up to the driver. i can live with this, i just want to see if anyone with the exact set up as me has this going on.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm no expert but it sounds like it is running rich.

·
Registered
701 Posts
You smell gas because there are no cats in any after market exhaust. The cats burn off most of the unburnt fuel in the exhaust. This is not unusual. It is normal.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You smell gas because there are no cats in any after market exhaust. The cats burn off most of the unburnt fuel in the exhaust. This is not unusual. It is normal.
that's what I'm wanting to hear.lol, even if that's not the issue, i like to hear it so i can keep on going like there's not a problem. thanks bud

·
Registered
701 Posts
that's what I'm wanting to hear.lol, even if that's not the issue, i like to hear it so i can keep on going like there's not a problem. thanks bud
Now go out and ride like you stole it. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts