Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was giving my 11 Voyager a bath and noticed stress fractures on the chrome mounts on both sides of the trunk. They are about 4 inches up from the passenger's seats. I don't load the trunk down. Has any one seen this? I have around 7900 miles on her.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Gonna check mine carefully Gent! I would think this would be covered by warranty . . . I did just wash mine and didn't see any . . . but gonna check . . .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re:Stress fracture

A picture would be great. Do you mean the plastic trunk lower cover or the front of the rear fender cover?
If you follow the chrome below the passenger seat, As the angle shift up, about 1 inch from the bottom. I will post pix tomorrow after work. They are on both sides of the seat.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just checked mine all over the chrome pieces and no cracks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
one side has

also the trunk top does by the hinge rivets. Siliconed over the area just because (inside the trunk that is), perhaps caused by clamping force of rivets

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
The chrome pieces are not part of the supporting frame for the trunk. I have had all of my chrome trim off doing wiring work and other things.

A pic would be nice so we can see what you are talking about..... It would assume it would have to be a vibration fracture. I hade the trim off about 30 days ago running wiring for future LED lights.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the Dealer took pixs and did some email magic. Kawasaki replaced the chrome under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts