Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the V2Ks. My son bought a 2005. As we were getting it ready to ride, we came across this harness/plug. Shouldn't this be plugged into something?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Looks like a battery tender (not the name brand one) type plug... Take the seat off and see if you can trace it to the battery.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Follow up - there is nothing to be worried about, though I would personally wrap it with electrical tape to keep water from getting in there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pull the seat and follow the wires. V2K has two unused connectors under rider seat for rear mount accessories. What color are the wires? Check for voltage, these unused connectors run through ignition switch. If it's connected straight to the battery and won't fit your battery tender, lose it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We finally figured out what that harness/plug was for. That actually goes to the O2 sensor in the exhaust. Since his bike has a power commander, the o2 sensor is not used. Instead two resisters are used to fool the computer.

·
Registered
232 Posts
We finally figured out what that harness/plug was for. That actually goes to the O2 sensor in the exhaust. Since his bike has a power commander, the o2 sensor is not used. Instead two resisters are used to fool the computer.
Mine was exactly the same, I found it last weekend. I removed it and ordered a cap insert for the bung in the pipe. No sense leaving something on that does nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts