Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would surely like some advice.

Last year I replaced my front pulley on my Vn900 with the Scootworks overdrive pulley. I am very happy with the performance. I also replaced my tires - I pulled them off myself and brought them to the local shop for mounting. My problem is that after mounting them I am hearing what - as an auto mechanic would say - is high pitched bearing noises from where the pully is in the front. The noise was not as pronounced before replacing the tires.

I was very careful not to overtighten the belt when placing the tire back on, and I do not see any play or rubbing inside the housing of the front pulley.

I have not noticed any degradation in performance...but the sound has not gone away.

I suspect that the belt is not adjusted properly, or that the something it not adjusted right. I don't want to cause unnecessary expense in repairs...although I am fearful that I have already done so.

Has anyone else come across this kind of result after replacing the pulley?
Please feel free to send me an e-mail to my address. [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I will check my belt settings. My concern was it was too tight and I was causing damage to the bearings. It is a very high pitched squeal. It does go away some when not on the throttle and when the clutch is in almost non existant.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you decide to sell it let me know. Most of my riding is highway so I need one so bad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
when you installed the pulley did you remove the belt guard that is inside the front cover?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts