Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 VN2000...................noticed on the way home today when coming to a stop, as the forks dipped down a little, I hear this clicking sound. I pulled over, held the front break and worked the forks up n down, it's not a rubbing sound, but a strange click, like something is getting caught on the way down and realeasing on the way up. I have looked for any loose parts or bent items, nothing so far,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any ideas ????????:confused:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
clickity clack, was up mack?

I hear this clicking sound. I pulled over, held the front break and worked the forks up n down, a strange click, any ideas?
xsxololabc123'r, could it be eminating from the headlight?:confused: seems that was/is a source of clicking noise on this and few other cruiser bikes. sometimes all the wiring connectors are not secured and rattle around a bit. ifso, strap em down more better. hey, you asked for idea'rs:;) out, ponch

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try this for an experiment. I get the creaking noise from the fork area. There is a hard to access nut on the underside of the handle bar risers, in the triple tree. I tightened (and rounded a few corners) of the nut on the right side once. I think it helped a lot. The creaking is coming back though. I need to get a proper fitting tool on it.

Herb

·
Registered
136 Posts
Me too. It doesn't seem to hurt anything so I just call it "character," along with the chirping and rattling Kuryakyn clutch lever.

Nope.......:mad:

I don't like that "character". It sounds like someone shoved broken glass up in the fork covers or something, or sand where it shouldn't be.

It is starting to p*ss me off now. Just came out of nowhere.

I have a call into Obama about the problem. He seems to think he can fix everything else so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Did I mention that noise p*sses me off????

Well......it does.........alot.........sounds junky..........embarassing

It pi**ses me off a lot too. A LOT......and I don't like it

I want a quick easy fix. One of those.................Oh, thats all it was moments.........c'mon guys

·
Registered
53 Posts
Clicking Forks

I too have begun hearing a clicking during moderate to hard braking and when riding over rough surfaces like railroad tracks. It doesn't bother me that much but would just a soon have it eliminated so I can hear the other three or four noises my bike makes.;)

C

·
0 Posts
Mine makes so many noises that I just quit worrying about it. Just glad I bought the extended warranty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
fellas.I thought I was tripping when I heard it a few times on my bike. It's like the sound of broken glass or something. But it doesn't happen every time I squeeze the front brakes. It's either the front brakes or something loose in the head light.

·
Registered
864 Posts
ok now me to

So i change the oil on the Beast yesterday,( for 2 years i have the perfect v2k not a strange noise anywhere) now this afternoon i go for a ride and now i have a wierd sound coming from the rear end, dont think its the belt but its gonna drive me crazy until i figure it out.......I mentioned the oil change because thats the only thing i have done .... Help

·
Registered
864 Posts
so it definitely was the belt, put it up on my jack and it was chirping away.. My alignment was good so i sprayed some belt dressing on it, now its as quite as a mouse.. Probably gonna hear how thats a bad thing to do from everyone but it sure did cure the problem....

·
Registered
305 Posts
fellas.I thought I was tripping when I heard it a few times on my bike. It's like the sound of broken glass or something. But it doesn't happen every time I squeeze the front brakes. It's either the front brakes or something loose in the head light.
I believe the noise from the forks is the chrome fork covers. If you take your hand and firmly grip the cover and move it aound you will hear that noise again. I belive its the brackets holding them on and its nothing real important to worry about. Dont sweat it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It is the chrome fork covers. I had mine off to change the fork oil a couple of weeks ago, and there's a rubber bushing that sort of fits inside the cover from underneath. It was dry and sort of crusty. I lubed it up with a little chain lube and it's been silent ever since. One side was creaking really badly after I put it back together, so I puffed a little more chain lube up under the shield and it stopped.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
silence of the lamb... chops

I believe the noise from the forks is the chrome fork covers. If you take your hand and firmly grip the cover and move it aound you will hear that noise again. I belive its the brackets holding them on and its nothing real important to worry about. Dont sweat it.
bigmac, take a firm grip on the covers and remove them. the only noise they'll make is rattling around in that parts box. can you hear me now? out, ponch

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
the makings of a bare nekid lady... legs

How does one remove the fork covers? Is it complicated?
bergy, I have yet to find anything complicated on this skoot. Removing the fat lady leggins, step by step;
Put bike on lift.
Remove front brake calipers.
Remove front wheel.
Remove front fender.
Loosen upper and lower triple clamp-fork leg bolts (behind).
Remove left and right fork legs.
Remove lower tin leggins from each fork leg.
Unbolt headlight bracket at lower triple clamp.
Remove lower triple clamp chrome tin shield.
Remove upper tin assemblies between upper and lower triple clamps.
Re Insert left and right (nekid) fork legs into lower and upper triple clamps.
Tighten upper and lower triple clamp-fork leg bolts (behind).
Re Install front fender
Re Install front wheel.
Re Install front brake calipers.
whaalaa, your a genius!
go for a ride and show off your nakid legs... er, the bikes... not yours, doh!
out, ponch

1 - 20 of 49 Posts