Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem- So today I went to bike week with the pops. While there I bought a few shirts, a cell phone holder, and a cup holder all of which were placed in a standard sized plastic shopping bag. Well, problem is that I don't have saddle bags. I was going to buy some if I could find viking bags but apparently they had no presence this year. So anyways I was left with a problem of what to do with this shopping bag while riding home.

The solution- So what I did was the ol' stuff the jacket trick. I just shoved the bag in my jacket, zipped up and went a riding off.

The unexpected surprise - I have a problem with buffeting at 70 plus. I have a proper height Memphis fats and good sized lowers as well but still I get the crazy vibrations and pulling if I pull past 65 mph. Well, getting on the highway for a jaunt down to the best best country road that will take us home we hit 70 pretty quick but I noticed something - NO BUFFETING - at least it was significantly reduced. So I accelerated to 80, still feeling good. 10 miles later and I don't have the slightest headache.

When we pulled off the highway I told my pops and we deduced it had to be my "Fat suit" under my jacket that had changed the air flow dynamics.

So in short I must reason that due to my experience stuffing my jacket and having no buffeting that fat dudes have it easy on the highway.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
That's it! I decided however to go "all natural" with my, uh, outfit! :D

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I always wondered why those fat Harley riders have a smile on their faces...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts