Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home tonite I noticed a new light I've never seen before! The middle light which shows turn signal flash was on all the time, a dim green. First time I've ever seen it. After about 40 miles it went to normal black out again, lights and turn signals and flashers working correctly. Anyone explain what this might have been? I do have the Kuryakan Run Turn Brake module, it's been installed about a year now.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I would suspect one of the dual filament running bulbs to stop working pretty soon. If a filament on one of those breaks on the ground side and plops down on the turn signal filament it will back feed to the turn indicator light. Wife's 800 did this once, I suspected this was the culprit and it was.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine just started to do this last week. I pulled the turn signal switch and sprayed it down with PB Blaster. Things have almost returned to normal except now my signals flash real fast as if a bulb was burned out, all 4 are working......Gremlin ??

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I'd not recommend PB for cleaning switch contacts. Try some real contact cleaner or lacking anything else use some rubbing alcohol on them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dim light

The light was out on todays ride, but I noticed my blinkers flashed fast for a while and then functioned normally again. I got off and turned them on and all four were flashing at the same time while the right side was brighter than the left. (right signal was pushed) On the way back home they appeared to be working correctly. Will check bulbs tomorrow, I think I will also unplug the run,brake,turn module and see it that makes a difference.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Fast flash

The light was out on todays ride, but I noticed my blinkers flashed fast for a while and then functioned normally again. I got off and turned them on and all four were flashing at the same time while the right side was brighter than the left. (right signal was pushed) On the way back home they appeared to be working correctly. Will check bulbs tomorrow, I think I will also unplug the run,brake,turn module and see it that makes a difference.
On my 08 the signals would intermittently flash fast, then normal and I found that the ground on the right front signal was not grounding all of the time. I cleaned all the contacts, put it back together and no problems in 2 years since. It never indicated a partial ground to the console like yours did, but it is something to look for. If the lights flash fast again, wiggle the offending lamps and see if it fixes the issue temporarily, then look for poor contacts.:D

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
My 900 had issues like what is being described for a while.

The indicator light will stay on if you have a bulb with a bad filament or poor contact. They will also blink very fast.

My bulbs were fine; I would remove clean and replace. Then a couple of weeks later it would happen again.

I finally removed the bulbs and added a very thin film of dielectric grease to the bulbs and sockets. I did not have any more trouble out of them.

Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem with my indicator light. I am useing a Kisan signal minder that also makes the turn signals brake lights, my problem was an intermittent conection where the signal minder connects to the bike harness. just touched the wires one day when it was acting up and it worked normal. Soldered them and no more problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts