Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was strapping my 900 vulcan in the back of my truck today and I accidentally bent the handle bars. Anyone know if I there is a way to straighten them or should I just replace them?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Sorry to hear you bent you handlebars. I would suggest going new because I wouldn't trust straightening the handlebars. You could check with a body shop and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Will be real hard to straighten themn without heating... otherwise it could cause stress fractures in the metal, and heating will ruin the chrome. How did you bend them while strapping a bike down.??

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Two shots of London Dock or Cabot Tower 100 straight up in the morning just before breakfast will straighten your handle bars.......the handle bars on your bike is another question......Yank 'em off and go new...Not as cheap but better in the long run....
Heck... ya go with the two shots and I doubt ya'll notice the bent handlebars ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I guess straightening the bars is out of the question? Anybody know of any nice custom bars or should I just go buy the Kawi ones?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Will be real hard to straighten themn without heating... otherwise it could cause stress fractures in the metal, and heating will ruin the chrome. How did you bend them while strapping a bike down.??
I believe the answer to your question lies in his nic.....
Laffin, no disrespect intended Newfie, just havin some Maritime fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts