Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm told I need some sort of fuel modifier or something like that if I put straights on my bike. It had something to do with loss in compression or whatever.

what's that thing called? or was the guy full of shit and I don't really need anything?

·
Registered
851 Posts
You shouldn't need a fuel processor unless you change the air breather, my brother just order drag pipes for his 1200 sportster and he was told he would lose compession so he also ordered compression cones that slide into his header exhaust before he bolts them on. but i dont know if thier available for the application you are doing. personally i think you'll be ok...good luck

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I'm told I need some sort of fuel modifier or something like that if I put straights on my bike. It had something to do with loss in compression or whatever.

what's that thing called? or was the guy full of shit and I don't really need anything?
If you think the bike manufacturers program the ECU for performance, you're wrong. They do what they do in order to pass emissions standards for the various countries they market their bikes in. A detuned engine runs cleaner and I'm not talking soot out the pipes.
Straight pipes make noise while a tuned exhaust unleashes hp. Add a free flow air cleaner and there will be an imbalance that the ECU cannot adjust and the engine will have flat spots and quite possibly loose hp, not gain. An after market fuel management system can provide the means to adjust the air/fuel ratio for better performance and/or economy. They all work hand-in-hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts