Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 15 years of riding Burgmans I finally bought a Vulcan S and am really glad I did.One thing about scooters: they have amazing storage. It's like having a 10 gallon aquarium under your seat plus the storage cubbies up front.

So where do store your basics: i.e. glasses, papers, tire gauge, small tools, etc.? Handlebar bag, tank bag, tail bag, back pack?

Also how do you secure your helmet? The stock and aftermarket locks look like they mount really low so your helmet is close to the ground and can maybe damage the finish.

Thanks in advance.

Captain Jack

·
Registered
14 Posts
I added Viking Bags leather wrapped hard bags. They work well, but would have liked a little larger. I also have the Kawasaki helmet lock mounted on the side, just in front of the bags. Never had a problem with it damaging the finish of the helmet. It's expensive, but I like having it keyed the same as the ignition.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I added Viking Bags leather wrapped hard bags. They work well, but would have liked a little larger. I also have the Kawasaki helmet lock mounted on the side, just in front of the bags. Never had a problem with it damaging the finish of the helmet. It's expensive, but I like having it keyed the same as the ignition.

Thanks, that answers my question about the stock helmet lock, I couldn't find any pictures with a helmet attached. I agree about the matching key, it's one less than to deal with. I've been looking at the Shad 23 liter hard cases but they won't hold a full hemet and the 30 litre cases are pretty wide but the look really nice. Any opinion on handlebar bags for registration, glasses, etc.?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tend to keep the registration, clear and tinted glasses, earbuds, and other miscellaneous stuff in the saddlebags, but if they're full of other things, I also have a small magnetic tank bag (cheapie from Amazon) that I use from time to time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tend to keep the registration, clear and tinted glasses, earbuds, and other miscellaneous stuff in the saddlebags, but if they're full of other things, I also have a small magnetic tank bag (cheapie from Amazon) that I use from time to time.

I'm leaning toward that myself. The handlebar might get pretty crowded with a Ram Mount and a power supply plus with the magnetic attachment it would be easy to remove and take with you. You're right about Amazon, lots of reasonably priced options. The stock tank bag is nice but the OEM options are really expensive and the costs add up quickly. I appreciate your recommendations!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found a carabiner with a combination lock on Amazon. The intended use was for moms to secure their purses securely to strollers but it does double duty for locking helmets to motorcycles. Never lost a helmet.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I used a simple Master padlock with a large "U" to secure my helmet for years on my BMW's. Works perfectly, mounts just about anywhere and costs next to nothing. I now have a hook mounted under my rear trunk and just hang the helmet there. If I think it's in danger of being stolen, I can put it in my empty trunk or take it with me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts