Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 VN2000 Classic LT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2008 VN2000 Classic LT last weekend, and for the past week have been getting used to her. It's a bit different than the Valk I traded in, but I do have one slight issue ….
Wind buffeting.

My VN's original screen had been changed by a previous owner (for whatever reason), and a Cee Baileys screen was fitted using the stock LT hardware. The CB screen is only 17" headlight to top, and 22" at it's widest point. It seems too small to offer decent-ish protection.

I will be looking to get a different windshield at some point, but I would like to know the size of the original stock shield. With the stock size, I can mock up something to attach to the CB to get some idea of coverage and protection.

Searches online bring up two possible candidates:- ClearView or 7Juroc. I'm going to have to get my sizing right first time, as the cost of the screen, shipping to Ireland, plus import duties and V.A.T., it's going to work out quite pricey.

So if anyone has head on pics of the OEM screen, plus it's sizes, I'd be grateful to see them.

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
There is quite a bit of chatter on windshields here. Do an advanced search for “windshield height”. Use the quotation marks. Choose model 2000. Then sit back and read for a while. Plenty of discussion about buffeting.

·
Registered
2008 VN2000 Classic LT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a good bit of reading about shields before joining here, but couldn't find any info about what the stock size was for a '08 LT.
I need to start somewhere, and I figured that stock would be a good base point. After that, tilting would be the next step.

In the meantime, I'll relook at some old threads in case I missed something ….

·
Registered
2008 VN2000 Classic LT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was an interesting weekend measuring, levelling, sighting, and anything else we could think of to get the sizing that will suit us.
Eventually settled on 21" up from the headlight, and 26" wide.
A 7Juroc screen was ordered last night (got a little discount too, which will help drop the import and tax bill when it lands here) and now just have to wait until it arrives.

·
Registered
2008 VN2000 Classic LT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My 7Juroc screen arrived yesterday. Yes, it took a while but on the + side I didn't get hit with any extra import taxes and VAT.
Installed it last night, and it makes the bike look totally different. That old Cee Bailey screen wasn't doing the bike any favours looks wise.
The weather is due to clear up this weekend ....................... and I can feel a lengthy test run in the air ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am purchasing a OEM screen for my new 2022 (three days old) , very hard to get any pre purchase info , just a picture on Kawasaki Webb site .
Very expensive , but I do find the wind/turbulence spoils the ride .

I've had screens on all other cruisers and all adventure bikes I've owned.

More Post reading needed by me !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts