Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to putthe scoot works riser on amd wow thw cables are way to short! I am trying to put the stock risers back on now and when I took them apart I didnt notice wich way the arrows were pointing! Any one know for sure wich way the arrows are supposed to point on what riser? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Where are the arrows on the riser? I'll look in manual.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
The shop manual calls them handlebar holders. I read the whole paragraph where it talks about installing the holders with the bolts and nuts. It says nothing about aligning anything. Just gives a torque value for the nuts. Arrows usually point forward. Honestly I'm sure they're both identical. The manual would have said something if they had to go on a certain way.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
risers

The bolt holes in the risers are offset and the have 1 arrow pure riser. Not sure if the arrow should point out on in. I downloaded the shop manual and as you said it says nothing about the arrows.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I do not see any "arrow" but risers have a correct orientation which includes the top clamp. Most have a small dot impressed on the top clamp. This is normally the bottom (towards tank). They are designed to have the forward bolt tightened first (one on fairing end) to spec torque, and then the lower bolt closes the clamp and does the compressing and will have a small gap on the end. THE top end of the clamp should not have any gap. The lower and upper part of the riser should be touching, (or closed).

Sometimes when you have the top clamp parts wrong you can snap the upper clamp part in two when you torque it down.

As long as you have all the markings the same direction you should be good. An all of my Yamaha's ALL the markings face to the tank.

Like I said I do not see any marks on the Voyager riser. The only one I see is the very edge of the alignment punch mark on the handlebar at the outside edge of the left riser. (the handlebar centering mark)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
arrows

I do not see any "arrow" but risers have a correct orientation which includes the top clamp. Most have a small dot impressed on the top clamp. This is normally the bottom (towards tank). They are designed to have the forward bolt tightened first (one on fairing end) to spec torque, and then the lower bolt closes the clamp and does the compressing and will have a small gap on the end. THE top end of the clamp should not have any gap. The lower and upper part of the riser should be touching, (or closed).

Sometimes when you have the top clamp parts wrong you can snap the upper clamp part in two when you torque it down.

As long as you have all the markings the same direction you should be good. An all of my Yamaha's ALL the markings face to the tank.

Like I said I do not see any marks on the Voyager riser. The only one I see is the very edge of the alignment punch mark on the handlebar at the outside edge of the left riser. (the handlebar centering mark)
So your saying the bottom part of the risers dont have arrows on them? Mine sure do.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
If mine has arrows I do not see them. The only thing I have done with my bars is to raise them as high as they can go without hitting the fairing.

ALSO did you try re-routing your cables/clutch/brake line?

·
Registered
497 Posts
You don't have to give up so easily on the Riser's - just remove the Triple Tree and route the shorter cables behind it (that's what I did). There's a thread on here that mentions the size of the stem nut.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
phat risers

I took my brake line off and re routed it! Then I bled the front brake! That worked for me. Had a buddy helping me tonight we had them on in bout 20 min without bleeding the front brake. The risers are great took it for a 50 mile ride it was worth the trouble!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
arrows

If mine has arrows I do not see them. The only thing I have done with my bars is to raise them as high as they can go without hitting the fairing.

ALSO did you try re-routing your cables/clutch/brake line?
The arrows are in the inside of the bottom part of the stock riser. If you have never had the handle bars off wont be able to see it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts