Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI,
I haven't been here for awhile, so this may be old news, but I had inquired about stock replacement K&N's back when I had my 900C via email. I just received this email from K&N Tech that they now offer a stock replacement filter. Email below:

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. You are registered to receive notification about products for your vehicle. This email was sent automatically to inform you of available products that might fit this application. Listed below are the current K&N products for a 2007 KAWASAKI VN900 VULCAN CUSTOM 900. Please review the full application description including comments to ensure that the product will fit your vehicle.

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description
2007 VN900 VULCAN CUSTOM 900 All Air Filter KA-9006 NEW! Replacement Air Filter
2007 VN900 VULCAN CUSTOM 900 All Oil Filter KN-303 Oil Filter
2007 VN900 VULCAN CUSTOM 900 All Oil Filter KN-303C Oil Filter

When purchasing a K&N Replacement Air Filter or High-Flow Intake System don't forget to purchase a K&N Recharger kit for proper cleaning and re-oiling of your K&N Air Filter.

We appreciate your feedback, and we use product requests like yours to help us determine what new products to develop in the future. We will notify you again if any additional products become available for this type of vehicle. More information about our complete line of products is available at www.knfilters.com. Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Please do not reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing K&N!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Heh, yup... posted this info a couple of days ago, then got my email from K&N last night! Color me thrilled!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I thought about getting an Arlen Ness air kit but I will give K&N a go first > it's a lot cheaper US$ 59.00 plus shipping !! will see how I go....

Cheers

·
Registered
397 Posts
I thought about getting an Arlen Ness air kit but I will give K&N a go first > it's a lot cheaper US$ 59.00 plus shipping!
Cruiserone, as someone else also pointed out (in the other thread about this filter), there's an ebay vendor selling them for $59 with FREE shipping, if you prefer. I see they just sold two of 'em yesterday.

Now, since my bike just turned 12000 miles last week, I'm definitely in the market for a new air filter. But... years ago I had a mechanic (who was servicing my old 750 at the time) actually advise me AGAINST the K&N filters, said they breathe "too much". But that was just that one guy.

I'm wondering out loud here (as these things seems to be quite popular and causing quite a stir), are they really better and worth the slight extra $$? I guess increased air flow is good, and I'm sure we won't have to adjust anything to use one of these. I'm not about to go buy a PCIII or anything since the onboard FI processor should adjust itself. Everything else on my Classic in the fuel and air systems is still stock.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has ever switched to K&N, maybe on a previous bike, and whether there were any noticeable improvements or not. What can we expect from these?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cruiserone, as someone else also pointed out (in the other thread about this filter), there's an ebay vendor selling them for $59 with FREE shipping, if you prefer. I see they just sold two of 'em yesterday.
Unfortunately they (ebay) don't ship international ..... Did an inquiry to K&N direct about shipping costs and waiting for a reply (weekend though) :(

Cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
Only problem is no local dealers have them listed or say they can't get them. Guess I'll have to start surfing the web.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Order'ed last week from K&N. Will arrive on Wed. 9/29. I'm going to install and see how it performs, should be interesting since I also have debaffled. Hope I don't need an FI module.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts