Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, they don't make one yet.:mad: But the customer service guy at K&N said that the more requests they get, the more likely they are to produce one. He gave me a link to place a request for my bike's air filter. I figured I would post it here so we could all bombard them with requests. Who knows? Maybe we will get their attention.:rolleyes:

Http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Done. Good idea, Jeep Pirate.

Supposedly, Uni Filter was going to make on for us that would be available in the spring, but i haven't seen one yet.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Done! GREAT idea! Wonder if the BTK folks have this link yet?

EDIT: They do now. :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
K&N said that 2+ years ago. They also said that their filter probably couldn't meet performance expectations so they decided not to build one for the 900. I'll stick with the foam, got a life time supply of it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I figured I might be a little nieve. But thought it might be worth a try. For the folks who cut up a K&N to glue in the stock bracket, which one did you use? Also, did you have to cut out the entire center plastic rib from the stock bracket? Lastly, when switching to a K&N or foam glued in the stock bracket, did you have to use a fuel processor? I have done stage 2 debaffle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think if you open the air intake you'll need the fuel processor. Haven't heard anyone on here say they've done this without one. I used the unifoam, as Baitis did, and have a Cobra fuel processor on mine.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm using 60ppi Uni Foam but if you cut up a virgin K&N (not yet oiled) you can use a bead gas resistant silicone sealer. You'll need a fuel processor and more fuel if you also eliminate the secondary throttle plates.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Just heard back from the Uni Filter folks... nothing in the works with them either.

It'd be nice to find a K&N that we could just RTV onto the casing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts