Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For What I Can Tell The Stock Bar's Have The Bolts That Attach To The Triple Trees, Are Part Of The Handle Bars..I See Nuts And My Kawasaki Service Manual Does Not Show Them Being Removed? Was Thinking If That Is The Case Couldn't I Thread Some Stock Round Bar To Screw On Bars, Then Drill And Tap Other Side And Create My Own Risers?

·
Registered
307 Posts
You're correct, the threads are a part of the stock handlebar. The risers I bought screwed onto the bar and attached with included bolts to the triple tree. Don't remember how much I paid but it wasn't much cause Im a cheapskate. Bought them from Scootworks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would Anyone Happen To Know The Stock Thread Size? I'm Guessing Metric.. That Way I Can Get The Right Taps..Thanks Again Guys.. God Bless

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay Finished My Homemade Risers, I Made Them 3 1/8" Drilled And Taped Both Ends M10x1.25... Didn't Realize That The Handle Bars Were Not Threaded All The Way Which Gave Me An Extra 1/2" Which Gave Me 3 5/8"! Took It For A Test Ride Ran Great, Loved The Way She Rode. So Much More Comfortable To Ride.... A lot Cheaper Than Ebay... Besides Tooling, Cost Maybe $4 For The Set...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts