Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
There's a certain rugged beauty to west TX, (not to be confused with FAR west TX! LOL)

But if you're wanting to get some time in the Ozarks; don't bother with my route or OK in general.
East TX and AR will be a lot more scenic.

Scott

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
AT NO TIME SHOULD YOU BE ON I35 SOUTH OF DFW! Especially anywhere near Austin.
But it still beats the parking lot that is I35 for miles and miles near Austin and sporadic the rest of the way..
even Austin folks avoid I35 at all cost.. we complained for 20yrs to get the state to build a bypass to get the F'ng trucks out of our 1 and only north/south route thru this town.. So finally they bilt 130 loop and wouldn't you know it the SumBiches turned it into a Toll road and now the trucks wont use it.. so we are stuck with 24/7 traffic jam.. while 130 sits empty, cost $25 just to ride one way around Austin..
I am blaming every Kalifornicating LibTurd moving here for turning our gov against the folks and squeezing them for every nickel like they fleeced the west coast into oblivion.. we need to line em all up and shoot em back to pacific ocean.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just wanted to drop in a thank everyone for the trip advice. We avoided I-35 as suggested. 2 riders and 1 chase vehicle right down through AR, then down through Tyler, etc and only hit a short bit of interstate getting right into San Antonio. Google did take us down one "rough" road, the OSR, which had a high enough speed limit but jiggled my kidneys loose.

On the way back I picked up 2 more riders. We took 281 almost up to jacksboro then cut across to 75/69 and up through a few smaller roads into MO and hit I-44 East. Beautiful country up 281 and on 69 south of Eufaula OK. With that said, those little towns on 69 in OK are certainly speed traps. We were running the speed limit through them all since my GPS app (waze) was constantly on alert, and for good reason. There were one or two cops working the roads in each of those little towns. All in all we MIGHT[/] have spent an extra hour riding to avoid I-35. That hour, and fewer miles, may well have been lost baking on that highway and we wouldn't have been able to enjoy actually seeing the countryside.

Unfortunately I never got to make it up to the three sisters, so that'll have to be on my bucket list for next time I get down that way which could be a few years. We did ride out to Luckenbach, had lunch there, got a group picture with that longhorn, and signed the Willie Nelson canvas.

Safe riding, y'all!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good trip. :)

The sisters and basically all the county roads, state highways and farm to markets around Kerrville are the cream of the crop for TX.

Now you need to post a few pics.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Scott_in_TX said:
Now you need to post a few pics.
As soon as I can I will. Nothing great on my phone since I was driving. I still need to see what my daughter got pictures of with her camera.

·
Registered
19 Posts
even Austin folks avoid I35 at all cost.. we complained for 20yrs to get the state to build a bypass to get the F'ng trucks out of our 1 and only north/south route thru this town.. So finally they bilt 130 loop and wouldn't you know it the SumBiches turned it into a Toll road and now the trucks wont use it.. so we are stuck with 24/7 traffic jam.. while 130 sits empty, cost $25 just to ride one way around Austin..
I am blaming every Kalifornicating LibTurd moving here for turning our gov against the folks and squeezing them for every nickel like they fleeced the west coast into oblivion.. we need to line em all up and shoot em back to pacific ocean.
Hate to hijack this thread and make a completely off-topic response to your old comment, but I went to college in Austin and moved back to San Antonio about 5 years ago. I'm 31 now so I'm very familiar with the "libs" you speak of. The sad thing is though that most of the 'libs" are actually Texans that are just acting like they came from the westcoast. Sad thing really. And I agree about the 130. Also sad. I'll use it one of these days when I feel like throwing away money. Can't wait for some pics if you're still up to it sandcrawler.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I do owe everyone pics. Sorry for the delay... My family may have taken a bunch of pics. I need to get their cameras and check to see if they got any good ones. I had to keep my hands on the bars most of the time =)

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here are a few pictures from the ride down to SA, hill country on the way to Luckenback, and our group at the Alamo.

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts