Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have never done much for riding on that side. I usually spend my time south of Prescott searching out the letter roads. We are planning staying at the Water Street Inn Sunday night. Not sure where to go up that way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't think I'd be allowed to ride in Stillwater. My pipes are far too noisy for that stuffy community :)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
I ride through there weekly with my Sabre and it has chiopped down V&H Longshots. I know full well how the pipes would bark against the business fronts but I just idle though and have passed many Stillwater cops. I have also seen many groups of bikes that just crank on their bikes and man is it loud. So lucky there wasn't a cop nearby on those occasions. Many weekend my wife would be right beside me on her Spirit running Cobra pipes and the two of us have never been bothered in all the years running through there.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They get bikes rolling through there non-stop, on top of of all the muscle cars driving through. I doubt they care that much about pipes unless it is late at night and people are revving up non-stop.

I didn't find much for good roads up there. Maybe cuz of lack of time, Monday's weather wasn't as sunny as forecasted over there, so the low temps cut the day short for the wife. The River Road on the Wis side of Taylor's Falls nice. Trees were a few days out from peak. I'll stick to the south side I guess.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Highway 60 east from Kenyon to Wabasha is a great ride. Road becomes very twisty, differing in elevation as well. Then from Wabasha take 63 north up to Redwing. 63 runs along Lake Pepin. Beautiful ride.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have done parts of 60 heard parts of it were closed for construction last year. So I hadn't hit fully yet. 63 I have done, I like the Wisconsin side better.

I haven't done the stagecoach, i usually get on 21 at 20 by the entrance to Afton Alps. If i had known stagecoach i woulda took that to Stillwater. Cuz i took 18/bailey to 21 and took that all the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts