Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I called the dealer today to see if the "circuit board" they had to order out of Japan had come in, it had, a couple of days ago, in actuality what the ordered was a new speedometer unit and wiring harness, and that didn't solve the issue with the turn signals, the sales guy that sold me the bike said when the turn signal is turn on all the turn signals come on and stay on, sounds like a flasher to me, but then again what do I know. Well anyway they ordered a new flasher, yes again out of Japan, seems like a flasher would be something that a Kawasaki dealer somewhere in the U.S, might have in stock, but again what do I know, so it's going to be at least sometime next week before I get to pick it up.

But now I am beginning to wonder if the previous owner didn't dump this bike at a dealer because of the turn signal issues.
They sales guy said everything else on the bike is fine, new tires, all fluids flushed and replaced, they torque all the bolts to factory specs, new spark plugs, air filter, clean the fuel injection system. He apologized twice saying this is not normal for bikes that hey sell, god I hope not!
Before I bought the bike I checked out google reviews of this dealer they have 4.8 stars with 520+ reviews. I just hope it's worth the wait!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Almost does sound like the flasher, a 15 dollar fix. Let us know how that turns out for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update, the dealer called me as I was leaving work today, it's ready!
After 2 weeks and 2 parts ordered from Japan it's finally ready!
I'm picking it up tomorrow morning. So my first ride will be over the Sunshine Skyway bridge that goes from St. Petersburg into Manatee county.
I've never ridden over this bridge before so it will be an adventure on a bike I'm not familiar with.
I'll post some pics sometime in the next few days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts