Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!

Quick question, I know I'm still pretty new on the forums, and I'm hoping this is the right forum to be asking it on, but has anyone got a 500cc Vulcan 06 whose steering lock doesn't work properly?

I feel like mine should be fixable or replaceable, and I don't mind doing the work myself. But I've sprayed in some WD40 and deep creep to let it sit for awhile, hoping it loosens up. I don't know if it is going to loosen, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows other ways to fix it or even if its replaceable.

Cheers for the read and hopefully for the response!
SJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I realize now this is in the wrong spot! I may have made this during a night out drinking with friends, so I think I got "lazy". If an admin wouldn't mind, could this be moved to the Vulcan 500 forum topic? I dont think I can move it myself!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I thought the lock on my Nomad was broken because the key would just barely move. Turns out if I move the handlebar just a little, the lock turns very smoothly. I use a colored piece of rope to remind me the lock is engaged, just like when I use the disc lock. But I'm old and subject to senior moments anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts